380 plus shipping for 2x12 vertical rec cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rectohead

Reaction score
Just won an ebay auction for a rectifier 2x12 vertical cabinet in excellent condition for 380. Only thing is, shipping is looking to be about 100 dollars.

Did I score a good deal? How much were these new?

Thanks!

If it is in good shape, then the price is OK. I have paid around 430 dollars for an empty one (Europe prices stink), still have to add new V30s. I have seen a price of 630 USD (manufacturer recommended for US) IIRC. These oversized 2x12 were always only in my dreams, now I am glad to own one to play my rackmount Dual Recto through:)

I ended up paying around $450 shipped for one of the old school metal grill vertical 2x12s (Celestion Sidewinder on top and some speaker with an unlabled magnet on the bottom). Cab was in very good condition - a few marks but no tolex cuts or tears.

It's a decent cab, but in the end, I wish I had just bought a 4x12 from Avatar. The Mesa 2x12 weighs as much as some 4x12s and is still pretty wide for a 2x12.

$100 shipping is about right if this was a private sale. If you just walk into Fedex without a business discount, you're going to get killed.

HERE IS THE ITEM I WON...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7377791398&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I was also wondering what was up with the old logo (Mesa/Boogie vs. Mesa Engineering)?

Are there series I and II cabs too?

Rectohead said:
HERE IS THE ITEM I WON...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7377791398&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I was also wondering what was up with the old logo (Mesa/Boogie vs. Mesa Engineering)?

Are there series I and II cabs too?

Mine is even older 8) Guess there are 3 different series. Mine has an older MEsa/Boogie logo, a metal grill with big diamond pattern, and the speaker combo I mentioned above.

Yours has the Vintage 30's though (I'm assuming that the seller meant the 60W Vintage 30's - I don't recall Mesa ever using the true 30W G12H30). My guess is that yours is pretty much identical to the current production cabs in everything but cosmetics. Nice find!

I have tried yesterday to put some speakers into my empty box before V30s arrive. Try a BC Speakers (www.bcspeakers.com) 12HPL64. Neodymium magnet, die cast basket, weights nothing. It blew me away, I have not compared them side by side, but from my (aural) memory it is more or less equivalent to the famous EVM12L. Not the same, not better, not worse, but as nice sound as EVM12L...Not really cheap either:)

Latest posts

Back