2x12 rec cab or thiele for a mark 3?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinK

Reaction score
Hey guys I haven't been on here in a while seeing as I am at college without my mesa :(

I really like the sound out of my half back stack so i am led to believe that a thiele will work. But i am wondering if it is going to sound big enough or should i go for a 2x12 rec cab.

Also i have seen some pics and is it possible to put a longhead atop a thiele or would i be better off putting the head on its case?

I should note i mostly play metal a la dokken/ozzy etc...
Thanks in advance

I have a Recto 2X12 cab loaded with EV12L's. It sounded huge with my MKIII I used have. I loved it.
I had a MKIVa that I played through it and again, huge. It just sounds amazing. Especially with my treblebooster.
Unfortunately, I fell victim to GAS and sold all my Marks. I'll get another. Right now I have a DC-5 that sounds
really good through it but mostly use the cab with my VHT at the moment.

Very cool. That was going to be second question, whether the rec cab likes evs.

I think thats what i am going to go for then.

Thanks guys

Boogie Woogie Man said:
I have a thiele with my Mk III combo and sometimes I play it only through the thiele, believe me when I tell you, it has a HUGE sound.

Sounds good

I think i will just go with a thiele. Loading a rec with evs is a little too much cash right now.

Back