2x12 cab for triple rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacinnc78

Reaction score
ok im a bedroom player mainly and this amp is too much i know but im too lazy to sell it and try again plus i love the headroom

thing is,our old band is getting back together sunday to see how it goes and my question is :WILL I BE SATISFIED WITH A RECTO 2X12 CABINET ?IS IT OK TO RUN WITH A TRIPLE OR IS THAT TOO MUCH AMP?WHICH 2X12 CAB MIGHT BE BEST FOR A HETFIELDISH TYPE TONE?
thanks alot!

edit:i already have a recto oversized 4x12 cab and an older ampeg 4x12 cab (and the head id like to sell them honestly)but im looking for portability because i drive a grocery-getter(grand am)

A Recto 2x12" (120W) will take it, provided you don't crank the amp fully in the Bold/Diode mode. The maximum power in Bold/Tube will be about 120W, and less in the Spongy modes. You'd be even safer with a 2xC90 cab (180W), but *not* with a Road King cab which Mesa wrongly call a 150W (combined) cab - it isn't, it's still 120W because one of the speakers is a V30 and the power is split equally between them.

I don't know what speakers Hetfield uses but I thought it might be EVs (I could be wrong on that). If so the C90s would be closer, but still not close. You could always get a Recto cab and reload it with EVs, they're not too rare... and would make it a 400W cab. It will weigh more though :).

94Tremoverb said:
I don't know what speakers Hetfield uses but I thought it might be EVs (I could be wrong on that).

Marshall 1960 w/V30s.

Sometime during this decade he started using a Mesa cab and Diezel cab... probably with V30s.

Latest posts

Back