2nd mesa to join the family!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killemall2425

Reaction score
Hey all , I am new to this forusm , I got my second mesa yesterday , I had a single rectifier and I loved it but I wanted to switch tone a bit so I got a mark IV yesterday from ebay , so I´m wondering , the guy says the tubes are practically new buuut I dont know I think its a good idea to switch them , I dont know much about tubes , I´ve been reading several threads and you guys talk about V1 or V2 and I have no clue what that means , anyone has a link that can help me out pick new tubes for my mark IV ?

V1 and V2 refer to the first and second pre amp tubes.Its not a bad idea when buying a used amp to do a full retube. Eurotubes can sell you a set to match your amp.GT and Mesa do the same.If you go to the Mesa website you can download a manual for the amp.Its a big help getting to know the amp.There are a lot of guys on this site who use the MKIV and are very helpful with everything from settings to repairs-just ask.Enjoy your new amp.

Back