• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2ch DR #836 up for grabs...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clutch71

Reaction score
Lang Music Columbus ohio. Chrome w/ Chrome chasis. $1300 packed with EL34's. Great amp. Clean and solid with a few nicks in the leather. Most likely pre500 trannies.

Good luck.

Do they ship out to UK ??
Would be certainly interested here if they do Clutch

Thanks !!

Stu.

Blackface Chrome chasis. Sorry about that.

It's on Consignment I'm sure. Not sure if they'll ship to the UK but you can contact the store through the following link.

http://www.langmusic.com/

Won't hurt to ask.

Gear-Monkey,

NO THEY DON”T!!!!

Everyone on the board knows you made up this whole “Pre 1000” thing just so you can inflate the price of your Dual Recto that, coincidentally, you are selling for $1800.

You have been told this numerous times so give it a rest.

For the rest of you,

Is there a mod on the forum that can at least suspend Gear-Monkey's account until he stops with this whole "Pre1000" nonsense? Its getting old.

zeeman

I actually had a shot at this amp in June for $1100, wife said no. The dude that owned it worked for Lang Music, he traded the amp to a buddy. The buddy then decided last week that the Rectifier series was not for him. $1300(maybe $1399 I didn't look to close) is the asking price now and no idea what he would let it go for.

I ended up with a REV G and 4x12 cab for same price about 3 weeks later. Set of EL34's and tube screamer and I'm dialed in very similar to a rev c or d depending on how I adjust my presence. Never owned either but have played several.

#257 sold for $1801 (one I found and board member flipped)
#25 sold for $2025
#812 sold for $999
#1519 sold for $1350

I haven't seen a Rev F go for $1800. I hope I don't as I think the F is a nice balance between a C and D and a good bang for the buck!

Gear-Monkey said:
Sound like a killer deal. these sell on ebay for $1800.
I wouldn't pay $1800. for DR #836!!
No matter what shape it's in!
That price would be about my max on a pre 500, and that's only because of all the hype behind them and that's about as cheap as you might be able to find one for.

zeeman said:
Gear-Monkey,

NO THEY DON”T!!!!

Everyone on the board knows you made up this whole “Pre 1000” thing just so you can inflate the price of your Dual Recto that, coincidentally, you are selling for $1800.

You have been told this numerous times so give it a rest.

For the rest of you,

Is there a mod on the forum that can at least suspend Gear-Monkey's account until he stops with this whole "Pre1000" nonsense? Its getting old.

zeeman

HAAHAA!!!11!!

Here you go rookie. 1992 #723 Blackface $1799 (sold October 25th)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320172412716&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

Enjoy!

I stand behind my stance, $1300 is a great price. I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat if I wasn't shopping for a MarkIV and a VHT.

Sure, you will find the occasional "Pre1000" go for more money than it is worth because sometimes people are willing to pay a lot of money for something because they really want it. I know because I have done it myself.

But you know for a fact that "Pre1000" Dual Rectifiers do not always go for that amount of money, and its amazing how you do not make any mention of these...

#812 (sold for $999, 1 bid which was a BIN):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250179810480&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=015

#832 (no bids, if it was re-listed, I can not find it):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190133280869&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us

I guess YOU are the rookie in this case.

By the way, the one you are selling is 929 so technically, it is worth LESS than the Duals I listed above.

zeeman

PS: For sale: Mark-IVC+. PM me for details.

That auction for the DR for $1799 was a Buy It Now. The only time I deal with Buy It Now is when I really really want something. This was obviously another hyped up amp so someone thought they needed to pay the buy it now when they could have waited and got another Pre 1000 for less than a thousand. Hype Hype Hype for all Pre-whatever's. Bragging rights on equipment is no better than bragging about penis size. Who cares how big it is if you don't know how to use it and don't get any anyway.

Turumbar82 said:
That auction for the DR for $1799 was a Buy It Now. The only time I deal with Buy It Now is when I really really want something. This was obviously another hyped up amp so someone thought they needed to pay the buy it now when they could have waited and got another Pre 1000 for less than a thousand. Hype Hype Hype for all Pre-whatever's. Bragging rights on equipment is no better than bragging about penis size. Who cares how big it is if you don't know how to use it and don't get any anyway.

It also went to Austria. I'm sure old 2ch's are not that readily available in Austria and 1800 bucks probably looked like a good deal to him.

Especially since so many private sellers in the US do not offer international shipping. W/ shipping, insurance, taxes and duties this guy in Austria probably paid close to 2500 USD for this amp if not a little more.

hey clutch ive got a rev g and love it but everyone is saying that there
got heaps of buzz and fuzz and the rev f are soo much better but i dont see **** all fuzz in my rev g how similar are the g's to the others in your opinion?

vic said:
got heaps of buzz and fuzz and the rev f are soo much better but i dont see sh!t all fuzz in my rev g how similar are the g's to the others in your opinion?

My Rev G is the only Rev G I've played. My first experience with a Pre500 was El Peloteros #339. I had an ROV at that time. I then found and spent several hours (the guys at Lang pretty much just leave me alone with whatever amp I'm testing) with #836 on two seperate occasions.

That was all prior to June and the purchase of my Rev G. When I got it it had Sovtek 5881's and Sovtek preamps in it and believed the bias on them was way to "cold." I'd have to crank the volume and gain(dime it actually) to get to a saturation I was normally at on say noon or 1 on 339 or 836.

Here's a sound clip with the REV G played at the described gain level and tube combination.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOVQgGDox_8

I went down to Florida and jammed with El Pelotero and played #29 for about 3 hours. When I got back and played mine I knew something was off. I Retubed with a set of GT EL34 LSQ's and GT12AX7- C gold series. Still no difference, still hadd to dime the gain. So I took it to Lang and sure enough it had a bad grid resistor that was replaced.

I know that was long but I wanted to provide background into my answer. IMO the C, D, and F's are more "gainy" and more naturally compressed. With them I found that you pretty much set everything to noon and adjust presence to taste. A C,D,F gain on noon equalls a Rev G's gain on say 1 or 2 but it's not as compressed. I now throw a TS808 (all knobs set to noon) in front of my Rev G and to me with a slight adjustemnt of the presence can make it sound similar to a C,D,F. The tube screamer slams the amp just hard enough to add more gain to the circuit and compression that the C,D,F's have naturally with just Guitar>Chord>Amp.

I'm a hobbyist that plays songs. I do not claim to be a musician or guitar afficianado or virtuaso. I do think in person I have a good ear for tone and a decent tone memory. If I had my druthers I'd own a C,D, or F. As fate would have it, I own a G. The right tube combination and the TS808 get's me to where I want to be. I'm quite happy with my Rev G and the tones that it produces. Now let's say #257 that I found online at GC in Indy was here in Columbus...well things might be different now!

vic said:
got heaps of buzz and fuzz and the rev f are soo much better but i dont see sh!t all fuzz in my rev g how similar are the g's to the others in your opinion?

Hi Vic, is your Dual Recto R014741? If so, that's my old amp that I shipped to Oz for Rob.

yep haha thats me your charlie right? yep i bought 14741 what a small world! the dual is just a backup for the time being we have another recto
93 model 17xx i think its a rev f but has the parallel loop.

Latest posts

Back