.22+ tube tray protector/cleaner volume wanted

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Blues

Reaction score
Hi,
just got a .22+ and it is missing some kind of tube tray protector.
anyone have any photos of this thingy ... perhaps I could make one?
it has these plastic strips where I guess it was used to attach the tray?
Also any ideas on how to keep clean setting louder (without breaking up)
I prefer the volume at 3 and master at 7 but anything more tends to distort pretty quickly.
The lead channel has all the gain I need. Just wish the clean could be louder without going into the dirt zone.
Thanks for all replies

Its not that the clean channel is not loud, its just that the lead channel is TOO loud. You could try putting a 12AY7 tube in V1 position to try and balance the levels out.
However, if you want to keep the lead channel as loud as it is, I think you're just going to have to put up with a bit of dirt in your clean sound.

There are lots of pics on google. Here is one of the back. Does your amp have the aluminum tray seen in this pic?

mesabackfull.jpg

Thanks. That's what my amp is missing. So it's just some kind of metal ice cube tray?
Do other boogies have this?

I'm not sure about all Boogies. I've only got the Studio .22+ and mine has it intact still. I believe the plastic pieces that hold the aluminum have been known to break so people have gone without the tube protector.

Back