.22 caliber studio

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess

Reaction score
i have an 1988 .22 caliber studio with a celestion vintage 30.

The amp seems to occilate frequently at any volume usually noticable during warm up (first 10 min of playing). the only way to cancel the noise is standby mode. This happens with reverb on or off.

i am an electrician so i will attempt the repair my self.

thanks in advance.

Ok. Sorry i had to.

Well one of the first things you probably should check (this is assuming you know your guitar, cables, house wiring, etc are all good) is the tubes. The power tubes wear out fairly quickly over time but preamp tubes can be the cause of most noise related problems.

My suggestion is to plunk down a few bucks and retube the entire amp. The safe route is to go with Mesa tubes and call it a day. The more toneful route would probably be to go to eurotubes.com or dougstube.com and get a personal opinion on what tubes to get. Those two sites can tailor a retubing to your personal musical style.

Greg

well its very high pitch and its like the same tone over and over in a constant steady pattern. there is also some cracking and popping, but it only goes on for a moment. I am located near ASHEVILLE NC.

Back