212 halfback or thiele?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatoni

Reaction score
im looking to loose the gflex for this little guy and i just wanted to know how they stack up against a couple of thieles or even the g-flex.

then maybe new speakers? it sounds good but it seems like it takes away some of the sonic complexity

I have a 2x12" Half Back, the 80's / 90's style metal grill and I love it. I've got an EV in the bottom half (ported) and either a JBL K-120 or a Mesa / Celestion C-90 in the top (open back). For use with my .50 Caliber + this is the best cab I've ever heard. Looks mean too!

The JBL is brilliant when using the amp clean, and clean with FX. If I'm doin' the pure rock thing with no FX I refer the C-90.

DSCN0593.jpg

well, i use this set too, but on the top ive EVM like on bottom, perhaps i'dtry my old Altec i use i comboamp, but i like the power, clarity and sound of EVM, so ill let it be as it is. It looks great and also sound great, ive closed the top, it was to presence, on the back i have eggplate and in bottom i use something like cotton,like in bass cabs, it sounds huge, but i think that something is wrong with my caliber, its pretty silent, but just with caliber...but anyway it the best mesa combination, even my MkIIa and MkIII blackdot doesnt sounds so good...

Latest posts

Back