20/20 with 2 Thiele cabs for FX?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DStout

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just discovered this great forum. I have a Mark III (simul class) and I would like to run my FX (for now just a TC Nova Delay and Nova Reverb) from the line-out of the Mark III to a stereo power amp with two 1x12" Thiele cabinets.

Would the 20/20 be suitable for this or do I need the 2:50 (or the 50/50)?
I need it for rehearsals and small gigs. Portability is also an issue.

Does anyone have experience with a set-up like this or would a different set-up be better?

Best regards,

Douke

While not exactly the set up you're describing, I sometimes run a Digitech stereo processor through a 20/20 out of separate EVM12L (not Thiele) cabinets. I don't know what your volume requirements are but lordy that rig sounds amazing, and gets very loud while staying clean. I assume the Thiele's would sound even better. I use this rig for both electric and acoustic-electric, mono or stereo.

For acoustic-electric I also sometimes run the processor through Mackie SRM 450's. With a little EQ to dampen the highs a bit, that's another great-sounding config, but since it involves no Mesa gear I'm probably gonna get in trouble for bringing it up.

The 20/20's a work of 1U space art. Not surprisingly, very heavy.
Highly recommend!

Thanks. I'm thinking about either the wet-dry-wet setup with the Mark III and the 20/20 Thiele combination via the line out or a simple stereo setup using the FX loop and a second Mesa combo (studio 22+ or something like that).

I guess the former will sound (much) better and the latter will be more portable.

Has anyone got experience with running TC Elextronics pedals in the FX loop of the Mark III? Won't the gain of the lead channel via the FX send be to high for the effects? If this is the case I will have to go for the bigger setup using the (adjustable) line out.

I would appreciate any ideas on this.

Best regards, Douke

Latest posts

Back