• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 Mesa Thieles on eBay. Bad timing for for me!!! :(

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiteboarder

Reaction score
This guy is selling 2 Thieles with EVMs!! Crap! I just bought a Martin and can't afford one of these for another 2 weeks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320395604094&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Any of you feel like helping out a another forum member and buying it and then reselling it to me at the same price??? Anybody? Any good samaritans out there??

-Danny

Very good to excellent condition. EVM-12L 12" Speaker 8 ohm.90 watt power capacity.
90 watts? wouldn't that be a celestion? clearly says EV on the dust cap in the pic though....

It's clear he copied the desc. out of the Mesa site. Therefore the 90watt spec comes out of the MC90 description. There's no doubt in the photos that these are EVM-12Ls

I want one like the ones of eBay. Leather corners, EVM-12L and "Boogie" Logo. I'm going to have to sell a thing or two first.

Kiteboarder said:
I want one like the ones of eBay. Leather corners, EVM-12L and "Boogie" Logo. I'm going to have to sell a thing or two first.

You can always order a 'boogie' name plate from Mesa for about $10 to match logos with your other Mesa gear.

Interesting mix. The cabs were apparently c90's (check the jack plate) upgraded to EVM's. Not familiar with that particular vintage EVM. I have had quite a few of them and none of them had that magnet / rear vent configuration.

jbw

mrcomputer said:
Interesting mix. The cabs were apparently c90's (check the jack plate) upgraded to EVM's. Not familiar with that particular vintage EVM. I have had quite a few of them and none of them had that magnet / rear vent configuration.

jbw

Hey jbw, did you manage to sell the one you have? As you can see I'm still on the search. Unfortunately, I keep spending the cash for the Thiele on something else! Then it appears! ;)

I just saw both auctions are inactive. They don't show as sold with "Buy it Now". Maybe he pulled them off and sold them outside of eBay.

Hi guys- long time Mesa/Boogie user but I've only been a lurker here so far. I just registered in order to reply to this post. I have a mint Mark III 60w combo w/EVM-12L that I bought new around '88. A little over a year ago I decided to try and get a little more bottom end so I picked up a Mesa/Boogie Thiele cab on Ebay and it has the EVM-12L factory installed. The only thing is that it does say "Mesa/Boogie" on the front rather than "Boogie" like you are after. My Mark III combo has the chrome corners but the Thiele cab has black corners. I had to have this cab but after a few initial tests I have rarely used it (sounds great though!). To top it off I picked up a new Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100 100w tube head with a 4 X 12 cab. So now I have something extra to plug into if I want a bigger sound from the Mark III. I'd rather that a Boogie enthusiast could pick this thing up and put it through its paces. Let me know if you're interested and I'm in no hurry. I'm so busy with other things I'd probably never get around to posting it on Ebay.

donkost said:
Hi guys- long time Mesa/Boogie user but I've only been a lurker here so far. I just registered in order to reply to this post. I have a mint Mark III 60w combo w/EVM-12L that I bought new around '88. A little over a year ago I decided to try and get a little more bottom end so I picked up a Mesa/Boogie Thiele cab on Ebay and it has the EVM-12L factory installed. The only thing is that it does say "Mesa/Boogie" on the front rather than "Boogie" like you are after. My Mark III combo has the chrome corners but the Thiele cab has black corners. I had to have this cab but after a few initial tests I have rarely used it (sounds great though!). To top it off I picked up a new Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100 100w tube head with a 4 X 12 cab. So now I have something extra to plug into if I want a bigger sound from the Mark III. I'd rather that a Boogie enthusiast could pick this thing up and put it through its paces. Let me know if you're interested and I'm in no hurry. I'm so busy with other things I'd probably never get around to posting it on Ebay.

Hey donkost...

Thanks for posting. I'll keep it in mind. I can't purchase a cab for another couple weeks, but when I'm ready, we can talk. Regards, Danny

It will be here under its cover waiting for you, if and when you're ready. If I move out a piece or two of gear my wife might actually believe me when I tell her I try to balance out my new purchases. :) The guy I bought it from is a jazz guitarist and the speaker sounds great. Right after receiving it I opened up the back cover just to verify it has the EVM-12L and then I closed her back up.

Hi DaveP,

Thanks for chiming in. I'm very interested since I've been after one of these for a while. donkost, up a bit, offered me his as well.

I just need to wait a few weeks before I can buy, so let's see what happens....

-D

Latest posts

Back