2 channels but what do you use for medium gain?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukeness

Reaction score
I have a Rectoverb 2... and man... I ABSOLUTELY love the clean tones on it.... and I'm just starting to dial in a really good distortion tone on it, thanks to much tweaking and an EQ.

However, I was wondering what people use here for a Medium Dirty sound...

I generally do medium gain with channel 1. I set the amp so it has a nice clean with my guitar's volume down around 4, then turn the guitar's volume up as I want more gain.

I also do the same on channel 2...but there it's more a difference between high gain rhythm and high gain lead.

I'm still trying 2 different things out.....

1) chan 1 is clean, channel 2 is full blown distortion and I'm using a V-twin for my medium on chan 1

2) Chan 1 is clean, chan 2 is vintage w/gain set at noon and that is my medium distortion and the v-twin is used to give chan 2 the rest of the distortion for my full blown distortion sound.

I like the first way better, but I use the v-twin a little less the 2nd way since we play a few more medium distortion songs.

Thats how I do it on my ROV but my Triple seems to sound better for medium gain settings on the RAW mode about 1:00-2:00.

Latest posts

Back