2 Channel Triple Rectifier Power Tube issue..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendeltone

Reaction score
Okay... this makes me worry..

I have a 2 channel Triple Rectifier that has 6L6 tubes.. HOWEVER, I have 3 - 6L6GC Coke Bottles w/ 37KP YEL, 1 - 6L6GC Coke Bottle w/ 33LB YEL, 1 - 6L6GC Coke Bottle w/ 30MP YEL, & 1 - 6L6GC 06 SK YEL....

My Amp is serial # R-004232....

My amp seems to be working inconsistently at louder volumes...

I do not know the Mesa Tube Ratings... and I am not sure whether these tubes can be used for all 6 tubes... because I see 5 Coke Bottle shaped tubes and 1 standard shape tube.. and I know that they are all 6L6's, but I don't know whether these tubes can be used to gether.. will I have to get ALL the same 6 power tubes... or can I get 4 tubes w/ a set of another 2 tubes... as long as they are 6L6's??!?!? Will I be okay...

Please advise.. I don't know I also need to know whether I can find more Coke Bottle 6L6's..... please advise..

Thank you... I talked to Chris at Mesa Boogie... and it turns out that the tubes that I have are ANCIENT... and they don't match.. or at least 1 & 6 don't match.. at least they are rated yellow...

So... I am going to retube... and just go 6L6's....

6.. whooo.. hooo

Thank you for your input.

Latest posts

Back