2 channel mesa serial number help please!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Botch

Reaction score
Hi. I bought my first mesa today, a 2 channel Dual Recto :D

The serial number is R0050. Does this mean it's one of the first batch that came out? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, guys.

Sweet fucking jesus! Cheers dude, you can only imagine how happy i am right now. The best thing is the price i got it for...

...My Marshall DSL50 + £150 ($300ish). I am a happy man and very pleased to be part of the Mesa family at last!

:D

I could imagine your delight. The same thing happened to me.
I just wanted a chrome chassis and neglected to ask the serial number.
When I unpacked it I had # R023X for $ 900.00.

Wow, that is an early one. I came across a guy on the HC forum that had one with the serial number R006X.

B.T.W., there was an early mint condition Dual on Ebay a while back with all the original hang tags, packaging and paperwork. It was bought new by a collector who just had it packed away. Brand new original tubes. Anyway...the auction ended early with a guy I know on the HC Amp Forum buying it. He had it for a couple weeks and then sold it to me. It has serial number R0188. On the hang tag that has everyones signature that wired it, assembled it, inspected it, the techinicain who tested it (who was Mike B. b.t.w.), it also has the model hand written on it, and the model says "Rec-B". I wonder if this is indicating it is revision RF-1B?

I was fortunate enough to get the hang tags and the original tiny owners manual. My tag says Rec-c and it is an RF-1C, so the chances are that yours is a RF-1B. By R023X they were up to circuit board revision C and by 8/93 RF-1F. You will notice that the power transformer and output transformer are not used on any DR after 500. In all actuality, the PT was designed for the DR but the OT is actually from a MK III 100 watter. The circuit version is just above the 30uf/500V row of filter caps on the top left of the board.
A very rare find, indeed. To think after 35,000 have been produced that you have the first batch.

BTW, my chassis was started in 4/92, board stuffed in 5/92 and teched by Mike B. in 6/92. Wired by Kaydee.

ah 188... yes, i remember seeing that one. ****, all this dual rec talk has got me gassing again. so the first DR OTs are the same as the non simul mk IIIs? how are the cleans on the earlier ones. my other guitarist is planning on getting an uberschall and im afraid my poor little nomad 45 just won't be able to keep up :cry:

Boogiebabies said:
I was fortunate enough to get the hang tags and the original tiny owners manual. My tag says Rec-c and it is an RF-1C, so the chances are that yours is a RF-1B. By R023X they were up to circuit board revision C and by 8/93 RF-1F. You will notice that the power transformer and output transformer are not used on any DR after 500. In all actuality, the PT was designed for the DR but the OT is actually from a MK III 100 watter. The circuit version is just above the 30uf/500V row of filter caps on the top left of the board.
A very rare find, indeed. To think after 35,000 have been produced that you have the first batch.

BTW, my chassis was started in 4/92, board stuffed in 5/92 and teched by Mike B. in 6/92. Wired by Kaydee.

thanks for the info! :)

Hey dude...here's my formula...
Slave your Marshall from the Recto "Slave out" to the "return" jack of the DSL 50. turn both amps on w/cabs...that's real important! then adjust the amt of vol to the marshallwith the dial on the back of the DR. I do this with Genz Benz cabs and it's just perfect!!!! Low Chunk and top end lead at the same time![/b]

Latest posts

Back