1998 Trem-o-verb VS. Early Dual Rectos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scottcrud said:
can it do metal like the drs?

Mike Einzinger (SP? :oops: ) of Incubus used to use them on the first couple of Incubus albums that were a little harder. I saw them in The 2003 Lollapolloza Tour. He had 2 on stage and they had that nice DR quality.

Tight all depends on your view point. Most people don't think or characterize DR's as tight. I've never test driven a TOV but look forward to it!. What amp or you currently using?

I don't think they're as aggressive, the presence control's affect on the amp being the difference! Now tighter? Not sure about that? But is any Rectifier model considered "tight", or "immediate"?

I just sold a Engl Blackmore after owning Boogies since 1991, I just got tired of fighting them, I want to plug in and play. I'm thinking either an early Dual Recto or a C+ modded MKIII, although there is a Rectifier recording preamp and 2:100 for sale locally...

I can get my 94 2 ch DR pretty tight. It isn't Mark tight but it is pretty tight nonetheless. It is just in your playing, settings, tube selection, and speaker cab. DR's don't have to sound like the modern model or typically thought of DR sound. I can't say anything about the T-verb other than it was the flagship.

Back