1997 2 Channel Dual Rec Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jehu

Reaction score
howdy all,

i just bought a 1997 2 channel dual rec & wanted to know if there is a way to have access/control the 3 channels by way of footswitch. i noticed on the back that there is an external switching: "loop" & "chan". is this my golden ticket, or am i just dreaming.

thanks for reading.

ibanez4life SZ! said:
You can get a one button footswitch to switch between channel one and two.

i have that. so there's no way to access ALL 3 channels w/ 2 footswitches?!?

i dont get it, do you wanna switch between the 2 channels or do you wanna switch between the modesof the channels?

based on what i've read when it comes to the rectos, no you cant switch between the modes - just the channels and the fx loop on/off.

yea, i have the same year and everything, you cant switch your clean/variable high gain settings by footswitch, just channel 1 and 2 and loop on and off.

yeah, i want to be able to go from clean, to distortion to high gain using pedals. does that make sense or am i not wording it right? i suck at ANYthing technical, so please excus ethe ignorance. i dont even know how to use the effects loop or what it's really intended for.

ha ha... i got some learning to do, to say the least.

thanks to all who are trying to help.

Set the Orange channel to Clean (not variable High Gain), preferably cloned to Modern (Red). Set the Red channel up for your Gain channel! You could use your guitar volume for different amounts of gain and dynamics, or utilize a pedal in conjunction with either channel for your 3rd channel! Personally, I find satisfaction with just the two channels, no pedals, no effects loop, just guitar>amp! :wink:

As mentioned before - it won't switch between anything but channels. If you wanna throw the loop in the mix - you'll be adding outboard effects.

OR - throw a simple OD in front for a "lead" sizzle....

jbird said:
Set the Orange channel to Clean (not variable High Gain), preferably cloned to Modern (Red). Set the Red channel up for your Gain channel! You could use your guitar volume for different amounts of gain and dynamics, or utilize a pedal in conjunction with either channel for your 3rd channel! Personally, I find satisfaction with just the two channels, no pedals, no effects loop, just guitar>amp! :wink:

good call. thanks everyone.

Back