• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1978 Mark I Mesa/Boogie Head fs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raw_and_Vital

Reaction score
I live in Pittsburgh, PA.

New to this whole thing, but, I believe it's an original 1978 Mark I mesa head. I'm looking to sell this sucker asap so I can pay some bills and have a little christmas money for family and such for the holidays.

What's a good asking price for this head. I'm trying to get the most money I can out of this thing without asking too much of a high price. So please, serious replies only. The head is in **** good shape.

Think I can get an easy 800 out of this? or could I get a lot higher?

serial number ? condition ? originality ? what options like EQ, 60/100, reverb, voltage selector, wood or tolex, etc. might help ...

I don't know much about it, but I could get the Ser. # tonight. Good condition, no tears or anything like that in the cover. As of the other stuff, i'm clueless...

Raw_and_Vital said:
I don't know much about it, but I could get the Ser. # tonight. Good condition, no tears or anything like that in the cover. As of the other stuff, i'm clueless...

How do you expect to sell it ASAP? Noone is going to send you money if they don't know what they are getting. Giving the basic facts about s/n, whether it has EQ, reverb, 60/100, etc. is the bare minimum you need to sell it.

Often people try to sell the reissue MKI's as original 70's amps because they are clueless. I'm particularly leary when it was a head. You don't see many MKI heads come up for sale.

Well, I will take pictures of everything, front, back, s/n, etc. etc. etc.

I'll provide my phone number and addy so you know i'm not trying to rip anyone off. I mean, i'm not here for that.

from what I have seen, the reissues have the little blue looking standby light, mine doesn't have that. I think mine is the original. But, yeah, if anyone is interested, i'll happily provide my contact info so they feel a little more safe with the sell!

Latest posts

Back