• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1978 Les Paul - original owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, never weighted it actually. Heavy I guess. It is a sustain monster, with the Boogie master volume under 2 you can basically hold a note indefinitely. But I've owned three LP's and can't say it is appreciably heaver than those.

Now, if you are used to a strat or an SG, then yes your shoulder will be sore at the end of the night. If you play an Explorer it will be light...

Guess this means you don't have a scale.?!

This period of LP's can be pretty "heavy".
For example I have weighed a Custom and it came in at 11.9lb

But yours being a Standard... 'maybe' it'd be a little lighter

Can't tell from the pics if it's a:
-pancake body
-three-piece maple neck.

Can you enlighten us?
TIA

Hello, Sorry for the (long!) delay in replying, I have been travelling overseas since before Thanksgiving and have just returned. To be honest, I don't know what the defect is, there is some (microscopic) bleeding of the red stain into the binding for about 1/4 inch, or perhaps the color of the stain is slightly off (others I have seen are more purple in hue). When I bought it at Guitar Trader in Red Bank they could not identify it either.

@DangerMoney - sorry I don't know what a pancake body is.

Again apologies for being offline all of these months.

This is a pancake body: Two slabs of mahogany, one on top of another, like two stacked pancakes.

Is the guitar still for sale?

1974%20les%20Paul%20Deluxe%20pancake.jpg

I normally see '78's going for $3,000+. I guess being a second hurts the resale value... That or you're screwing yourself.

SonVolt said:
I normally see '78's going for $3,000+. I guess being a second hurts the resale value... That or you're screwing yourself.
$3k, Really!?! Where did you find/ see this info?
Most '78 Standards sell in the $1500 range.
Maybe you are thinking about "some" LP Customs?

Latest posts

Back