150 watt Black Shadow or 200watt EV12L Black Shadow ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatekeep

Reaction score
I have a chance to change my currant 150 watt celestion Blk. Shadow to a 200 Watt EV 12L Blk. Shadow. It for my Mark IIb. Whats the diff? should I do it ?thanks.......

Do it man.

The difference is your speaker lends more headroom, and thus it will require more volume to breakup. If you like the sound of speaker breakup then leave it, but if you wanna hear nothing but your amp, higher wattage is the way to go.

Plus I bet that EVM just sounds top notch anyway.

My votes for it.

I just swapped out the Celestion 90 for an EVM 12L in my Mark III, and I can't believe how much better it sounds. The EVM is much "clearer" sounding, which might be bad with some amps, but it sounds great in combination with the Mark III.

Make sure you compare apples to apples. There is no Celestion 150 Watt. You mean the Emmenence 150 watt. The EVM IS WAY better than the C90, but to me not a good as an original MS150 - with the ribbed cones.

Can you try before you buy??

BWK

EV's are good at taming the "fizzies" brought about by higher preamp settings, and maintain composure under high current conditions.

The EVM is so clear - the perfect match for a Boogie.

I've never heard or played the Eminence 150w, however the EVM12L is far and away the best sounding speaker I've heard, and lends itself to the Boogie sound perfectly.

zebpedersen said:
The EVM is so clear - the perfect match for a Boogie.

I've never heard or played the Eminence 150w, however the EVM12L is far and away the best sounding speaker I've heard, and lends itself to the Boogie sound perfectly.

You need the hear the MS-12. I own a boogie 4x12 of each and I like both speakers, but if I had to choose, the MS-12 would be my pick 8) . It has the same clearness of the EVM, but it has some of the highs rolled off and sounds fuller at higher volumes. 8)

my Mark III combo has the MS-12 and i like it A LOT. I like the fuller more bassy sound. too bad you can;t try before you do it ...

either speaker sounds better than the 90 watt Black Shadow ...

Latest posts

Back