110V to 220V conversion, Help?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markus66

Reaction score
Greetings. I just moved overseas with my Mark V. Issue, 120 V vs 220 v. the local dealer/distributor says he can't help but can I could buy a new Mark V off him. Nice idea esp as they cost 50% more here. I don't want to lugg a transformer around. Anyone had any experience with changing the internal transformer/knows what needs to be done to run it on 220v?

Many thanks for any help,
Markus

I live in Europe, and I'm planning on buying an amp from the States myself. I've talked with my guitar tech and I've donne some research too. You can buy a external transformer to plug you power cable from the amp in it. A qualified tech can also replace the original amp transformer by a 220v one, but is better you get the schematics from your amp model first.

Honestly, I don't think it's worth to replace the internal transformer in the amp. You're probably going to lose your warranty and what if you move back to a 120V country? :D
I use a larger stepdown converter where I can also plug all my 120V effects as well.
Good luck!

^i'm in the same boat.
I live in Australia and use an American mark V with a 1.5kw step down transformer. It's been rock solid since I got it 5 odd months ago.

Latest posts

Back