• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

100 watt Carvin Legacy 2x12 Combo For Sale

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surferdeac

Reaction score
I have a Legacy that i have been thinking of getting rid of

FIRST A LITTLE HISTORY OF AMP

I acquired it around 2002 directly from Carvin. and up to the last 4 yrs or so i had some extensive bench work done to it over the course of about a year, not because i wanted to, but because it initially had some problems, (the guys over at carvin, or A guy, actually set it up wrong and made some extremely worng mistakes "THEY BASICALLY "MISWIRED" THE OUTPUTTRANSFORMER, AND ALSO HOOKED UP THE RELAY SWITCH BACKWARDS :roll: " My introduction to the tube amp world. So a cascade of problems ensued (a CAp went bad here or a resitor needed to be replaced there, or i was continually changing out tubes and rebiasing the amp) until the Bad OUtputtransformer was identified and replaced by my old "good marshall certified" amp tech KEITH WOODY, who eventually identified the miswired output transformer and corrected all of the wrongs that had been done by it.

So about $850 dollars later I had finally A working tube amp that has been reliable (for the last 3 years i have been using it) .

The power tubes are gonna need to be replaced and rebiased (3 yrs old at 50 watts each pair has been used for a solid 1 1/2). I run this carvin at 50 watts(it is LOUD) so i could go longer without having to replace and rebias the tubes by simply swaping out the tubes that were being used at 50watts with the power tubes that weren't being used at 50 watt setting.

Finally I have two receipts describing exactly the Bench work and what has been done to amp including what components have already been replaced to get the amp reliably running again, and I have a schematic diagram that my old amp tech took notes on as he troubleshooted the amp.

If my old amp tech was still around (he use to be based out of Cape Cod Pro Audio/ Charlies music) now has his own business out of Arizona i think, i would probably hold on to this amp myself and have him run a diagnostic on it just to make sure none of the original components were on the brink of failure.

so i would part with it for 250 bucks if you could come and pick it up at my house, otherwise I would probably want 350 for it on Ebay (heavy amp that would run about $100 to ship). With a new set of power tubes and a reccomended visit to an amp tech to check out the internals you would probably be looking at a solid 100watt tube amp between 400 - 500 bucks.

I have tried to be as honest as possible about this amp to a possible buyer. It is an old amp but has been running fine since its last major service. It would be a good amp for a Tech head / hobbyist to play around with and maybe even modify as Well.

Cheers :)

Whats up monsta-Tone
I will get some pics up ASAP. I don't have a Digital Camera so I will Have to borrow one of my younger Sisters :lol: . I have been meaning to get a digital camera for some time now but hey, I always seem to put the little extra cash i get into my music gear :mrgreen:

here are my pics of my carvin I hope these pictures transfer properly

100_1182.jpg
;

100_1188.jpg

HA! i figured out how to upload these PICS :D

Back