Zorran type of tone with Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredding

Reaction score
Ok, didn't really try to immitate Zorran but tried his settings today on my mark IV. EQed the sound to bring out the highs (due to the single miking with a dynamic mic). It's brighter than Zorran's sound but still tolerable. Using a Peavey 412MS cab. Excuse me for the sloppy playing. Just some quick trackings for tone testing.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=316375&songID=6084257

He has badass tone but you have to realize that 50% (or more) of it comes from the recording equipment in his case. His tone is uber processed and probably nothing like how his amp sounds in person.

That said, this is the case for probably 90% of professionally recorded music you hear..

Hey man that sounds pretty good. I can hear a nice ballsy tone in there... you need some better mics. What mic are you using now?

I'm using an Audix I-5 which I like better than a 57. But it's still a standard dynamic mic. I need to try the Sennheiser MD 421.

I just picked up an Apex 460 (tube condenser) the other day for dirt cheap, I think it was something like $150, which is more or less what my run-of-the-mill dynamics cost me. It sounds awesome, and the power box for it has a selector knob to switch between 9 different polar patterns from omni to cardioid to bi-polar and everything in between. If you can find one or even a pair of them, check em out.

Latest posts

Back