Zakk Wylde OD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own the ZW44 and find it works very well for a clean boost with my Marshall JMP and Mesa MK3. Very decent pedal IMO for the money. I haven't run one through a Roadster though.

I'm using a ZW od with a stiletto and before that I used it with a DR. I like it and I'm pretty sure it will sound good with the roadster as well.

It tightened the DR very well and made it so much easier to solo with.

I liked mine a lot, but the switches MXR uses are flimsy.....I went through a couple in a year.

i use the ZW OD since two years now. it´s a cool pedal and it works well with my dual recto solohead and my roadster. normaly i use it to get some extra gain and sustain for leads played with my rhythm patches.
but as i turn it on, the noise goes up a bit. so play and don´t have a break... ;)
i switch it i/o with the rg-16 switching-system.

sometimes i use it with clean sounds to boost them up. it´s a cool overdrive pedal. very similar to the boss sd-1 and ibz tubescreamer, but it seems to me, that it has a bit more low-end as the boss sd-1.

btw. john petrucci uses the zw pedal as well in front of his mark IVs. ;)

Never used it on a roadster. But i've used it in front of my dual recto. sounds good to my ears. sounds like a really hot ts-9 tubescreamer without as much "mid-hump" But i would have to say that its my favorite overdrive right now especially for boosting leads. The only prob. with it is the footswitch messes up alot. seems like ive heard alot of people saying the footswitch dosen't work 100% all the time.

a decent pedal for its price but I found mine being a bit too noisy...then sold it...

I tried one with an F-30 combo and it was a bass sucker. There was already a lack of bass in the combo so I sold it...

Isn't it just an MXR Distortion + with a bullseye painted on it and some extra added to the price?

I had to check the schematics lol. The ZW 44 is basically like a Distortion + with FET switching and an extra gain stage. So, it's not the same..same tone, with better switching and more gain. :mrgreen:

It's not a heavy distortion pedal at all. Decent overdrive sound, a little thin, but it works.

Didn't like it...owned it twice, tried to make it work, and sold it twice.

Running a Maxon OD808 infront of my Roadster, and it's become my staple for ANY amp. I don't play amps without boosting them with the Maxon anymore...it's become part of my sound!

IMO, for the Roadster, there is no better boost.

sadly the best i have come across for this is the keeley fuzz head as a fuzz or overdrive pedal its awful (not enough of either no matter what bits you use in it from the supplied choices) however want to overdrive and amp and tighten upmthe sound its brilliant and its not noisy either. suppose you get what you pay for.

Latest posts

Back