You aren't giving the Extreme mode it's fair chance

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah dude. The extreme setting is really great. I was able to get a very nice sound with it. Very rich, treble kinda rolled off, and smooth. Doesn't really sound so "extreme" but it's just a great sound.

JAZZGEAR said:
t2mike2 said:
i was using a ported 1/12 cabinet, ( real folding port , not just holes).The thing is you shouldnt HAVE to spend another 5-600 bucks on an extra cab, just because the amp designer made a poor choice.

its like saying, hey my mercedes stalls at idle.. get a new engine! lol

or dont get that mercedes.

~mike~

lol! Do you guys all play in a band w/o a Bass Player (or Keyboards), cuz last I checked, the amount of bass you guys require seems to fall in the frequency space of a Bass Player (or Keys). And if the style of music you play calls for it, then the Mark is the wrong tool for the job. There are better options.

For my style of music (R&B, Classic Rock, Funk, Latin, P&W, Blues, Jazz), the Mark V is perfect.
Seriously man who needs a sh!t load of bass. Thats what the bass player is for. I play metal and i dont need
anywhere near as much bass as everybody is complaining about

JAZZGEAR said:
t2mike2 said:
i was using a ported 1/12 cabinet, ( real folding port , not just holes).The thing is you shouldnt HAVE to spend another 5-600 bucks on an extra cab, just because the amp designer made a poor choice.

its like saying, hey my mercedes stalls at idle.. get a new engine! lol

or dont get that mercedes.

~mike~

lol! Do you guys all play in a band w/o a Bass Player (or Keyboards), cuz last I checked, the amount of bass you guys require seems to fall in the frequency space of a Bass Player (or Keys). And if the style of music you play calls for it, then the Mark is the wrong tool for the job. There are better options.

For my style of music (R&B, Classic Rock, Funk, Latin, P&W, Blues, Jazz), the Mark V is perfect.

I use the V for metal and I don't understand the lack of bass comment either. That's what bass guitar and kick drums are for. Rumbling the walls when palm muting is cool, but pointless in a band. I enjoy the full freq spectrum channel 3 offers. When you compare ch3 to the other channels it has less bass, true. I guess, for me, ch3 is the rhythum channel and some lead stuff, but I never switch b/t ch3 and ch2 for rhythum parts in the same song - maybe that's why it works for me. :? I often use the Extreme setting in triode with the gain almost dimed using emgs.

The more I played with channel 3 the more I realized that the Extreme mode is my favorite of the three.

Latest posts

Back