Yet another Electra Dyne with problems.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BostonRedSox said:
Regardless, I am not seeing how you would seriously purchase three EDs? Let's keep our eye on the prize, eh?

What do you care and why does it matter? I liked the amp enough to buy it back a few times, but guess what? The first Electra Dyne I had was a 1x12, the 2nd the head version, and the 3rd a 2x12 combo. Is that reason enough for you to buy 3 of them?

And what do you care about how I worded a thread about an amp you don't even own? A few guys chimed in with some things to try and I didn't see them getting in a fit over my thread.

Now, after reading a bit about your past BS that you pulled in the past and the fact that you don't even own an ED....is there an ignore list I can throw you on?

danyeo1 said:
BostonRedSox said:
Regardless, I am not seeing how you would seriously purchase three EDs? Let's keep our eye on the prize, eh?

What do you care and why does it matter? I liked the amp enough to buy it back a few times, but guess what? The first Electra Dyne I had was a 1x12, the 2nd the head version, and the 3rd a 2x12 combo. Is that reason enough for you to buy 3 of them?

And what do you care about how I worded a thread about an amp you don't even own? A few guys chimed in with some things to try and I didn't see them getting in a fit over my thread.

Now, after reading a bit about your past BS that you pulled in the past and the fact that you don't even own an ED....is there an ignore list I can throw you on?

Never said I owned an ED. Only gigged with one once and found it too limited for an everyday gigging amp. You absolutely can ignore me. I'll stop writing, cool? I totally see what you are getting at though. It wasn't my intention to come off as a dick, although I do admit I wasn't very constructive in my writings. By the way, there is an ignore thingy over in the USER CONTROL PANEL.

I only stated that I was in the market for an ED. Seriously. I stated it months ago that I wanted to add one to my Royal. As someone who has made mistakes in the past and reacted poorly to others bullying me around, I get what you are saying. I sincerely apologize. Later.

I'd put you on my ignore list if you can provide me with a full list of your usernames to put on it.

danyeo1 said:
I'd put you on my ignore list if you can provide me with a full list of your usernames to put on it.

Yup.

BostonRedSox
Aly44
BudLovesAly
civicbud
Gooseman

I only use BostonRedSox on here anymore.

On Rig-Talk, where I sold my Roadster amidst the adversity posted, I only use Goose. Later.

Well, i have a reverb problem. The reverb stopped working, i just cracked the amp a bit while practicing, and the reverb went-off.
Switched to stand-by, back and nohing. then it came back once, and went off again. now as a turn the reverb knob to max it acts like a treble it weakens the sound.
What happened? All preamp tubes glow ok, but i have a bit more noise than usual.

Did you mean "cracked" as in you hit the amp, or did you mean "cranked" as in loud?

Could be the reverb tube went bad. Could be one of the reverb connectors is intermittent. Try reseating the reverb cable.

Sorry. Crank i meant. All preamp tubes are lightend. Is it still possible that the reverb tube went bad? What do u mean by reseating the reverb cable? I would need a bit more instruction ...

The reverb cables plug in at the rear edge of the chassis near the power tube cage. They are 2 little wires with phono plugs. Just unplug them and replug them firmly.

The preamp tubes can be bad even if they glow. The glow is from the filament. A preamp tube has a filament (like a lightbulb) to heat the two plates. There are two amplifiers, one inside each plate (the little metal boxes inside the tube), and one or both may be bad, while the filament continues to light up.

The reverb tube is V6. Check your manual for the diagram.

YES!!! Elvis, You're a King, i always knew that!!!
Checked the tubes first, seemed to be ok. The cable unplugged itself from the reverb tank below!!! It might due to lot of transport.
Couldn't be happier with my dyne now!
Elvis, what preamp tubes do you use now?
I've read you had problems with them first. Can i buy any, that is measured properly? Some opinions scare me with biasing, or "use only mesa tubes, or you might damage your amp..."
It's confusing

Got the amp back after it was at an Authorized Mesa Repair Shop for 2 weeks and it's worse now than when I sent it in. Wonderful! If the master is on zero there's no volume which is normal. If I just as much as breath on the master volume knob it sounds like the master is on 9, it goes to insane loud levels and feedsback like crazy. I don't know how the guy couldn't have seen this!

But things could be worse, at least I'm not a patriots fan.

YUCK!

**facepalm**

Nothing worse than a lemon, hmm? Did you get this amp new? Can you exchange it?
Haha, stupid me, I just reread the first post. The warranty is 5 years and is transferable. Chances are your amp is still under warranty!

Personally, I'd FIRST expect a preamp tube to be responsible for this but geez.

=-/

I hope it gets sorted out soon. I haven't ever had any real problems with boogies, even owning a 93 recto.

Wekiitoedzo, I'm really happy that you were able to get it fixed!

I'm just using Mesa tubes. I bought a mixed set to tube-roll, but haven't had the time. The problems I have had has been that some preamp tubes die within a couple hours of installing. This can happen with ANY manufacturer.

You can use ANY preamp tubes without concern of damage. The power tubes are the ones that can cause damage. But I believe it is mostly FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt). You can buy replacement tubes of any brand for Mesa amps from various seemingly reputable tube resellers. Many people on this forum use non-Mesa tubes.

Most problems are, in fact, tube related. It is always great to have a bunch of them and just roll them.

I think an amp tech would find it easy to miss a tube problem because a functional tube will test fine, even if it is set to blow up in the next few hours of use. I would think they check all the cap and resistor values and make sure all the hardware is working correctly. Just thinking out loud here...

It's not a tube. I spent last night swapping tubes in and out. Here's the kicker, if I turn the amp on and let it sit for at least 15 minutes in standby then play it........it's fine and works normal. But it never works right if I turn it on and play it for any less time than around 15 minutes. I would have thought for sure it was tube related, but it's not.

This problem sounds a lot like a problem I had with my Roadster way back.

Have you ever read about the cathode follower issue? I know the ED is not listed, but I think this was before the ED was released.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25102&start=19

i had a problem with volume dropoff on my road king, thought it was tubes, but it ended up being a few bad capacitors.. took a second send-off to mesa for them to catch it

HI Mates!
Recently came up another problem with my dyne. I'm pretty sure it is also tube related. Switching standby to on there comes noise, but it goes away in 30 sec. Also in vintage low mode i have no gain at all. it sounds clean like, but very dark useless.
Mesa distributor would send me new tubes but i can't clarify the problem. How to start?
Any ideas, thanks

Latest posts

Back