Yellow JAckets in MKllc+ 60/100watt or other convertors?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkinabus

Reaction score
Hi,

anyone with any experience using the THD yellow jackets in a MKllc?

What are the possible configurations and tone/output changes?

I'm having problems getting the sound I want at a volume that small venue sound engineers can handle, so I thought the yellow jackets might help...

Cheers

i personally did not like the yellowjackets.

i bought a set of groovetubes substitubes.

2 el84's instead of the 2 6l6's.

it DOES change the sound of the amp, of course, but the el84 sound in the boogie meant for 6l6's, is really really cool.

the groovetubes set is solid...
more solid than the yellowjackets seemed to be.

i suppose they do the same thing (take them to class A and half the wattage)

if you want to hear them in action, see my post in the other thread.......
the highway star cover.

Thanks,

Are these the ones you used?

Did you just put them in two sockets or all four?

SUBSTI-TUBE 928-PR Duet Power Reducer Class A converter
Octal to 9-pin adapter for the use of EL-84 tubes in an octal socket. This converts class A/B amplifiers to class A for lower power. Set of two with tubes included.

Cheers

Hello,

I own a set of the Groove Tube 928PR that I have used with my MKIIB.
I then ran the amp into an attenuator. I used this to overdrive the clean channel without using the lead mode.

My results were that I fried the 2watt resistors inside these adaptors by turning the master volume above 5 or 6. Groove Tube gladly replaced the adaptors twice, and I now do not turn the amp above 4 or 5. I then use a boost pedal for more zing.

In terms of using the Tube Adaptors for just running the amp as normal(no attenuator)I did not really notice much of a sound difference inbetween the EL84s and the 6L6 tubes. 6L6s are absolutely louder though.

I like the rhythm channel of my MKIIB the best(both clean and overdriven).
I have thought about how I could strengthen the adaptors to be able to have the master volume higher, but have not done so yet.

Back