YEAH! Finally I bought mark IIB! :D

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy

Reaction score
I bought this amp yesterday (graphic eq, reverb, no simul-class version, with celestion g12h-100 speaker). Serial no. is 7XXX so it's definitely Mark IIB. When i plugged my guitar yesterday I was dissapointed with the lead channel. It was completly unbalanced, I tried "neutral" eq settings (Bass=6, Mid=6 Tre=6) volume 1=4, lead drive=6, with Gain-Boost, it sounded very good with solos but it was buzzy with very distorted lows when I played riffs (especialy palm muted) - bridge humbucker sounded like neck pup. Also, there were no difference in sound between treble=10 and treble=0, main eq (bass,mid, treble) :roll:

Then...
I turned off Gain-Boost and noticed that the main eq (bass,mid,treb) is placed before :shock: overdrive circut! I turned bass to 1, mids to 6 and treble to 7, vol1 to 7, lead drive to 7 presence to 2. WOAH! WHAT'S A DIFFERENCE! Now it sounds great! Fat, bold, punchy in riffs and singing creamy, sustaining solos. It sounds like Mick Jones from The Clash!
YEAH! :twisted: Now, I LOVE this amp :D

BTW Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Poland. I'm running my mark II (which is 120V version) with step down transformer. 8)

Back