Xotic RC Booster with Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macktruck

Reaction score
Anybody tried the Xotic RC Booster with the Roadster ? I heard great things about this pedal, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Tried a BB with a Rev g. Leathal combo. Used it as a light gain boost. Just pushed the amp over the top. An RC with a Roadster should get simular results. The RC has a bit of a mid hump compared to the BB

droptrd said:
Tried a BB with a Rev g. Leathal combo. Used it as a light gain boost. Just pushed the amp over the top. An RC with a Roadster should get simular results. The RC has a bit of a mid hump compared to the BB
Interesting. I've been searching for the most colorless boost possible to use with my Mark III, and all accounts (well most I can recall) seem to say that the RC is more or less unnoticeable, in terms of tone alteration of course. Could the increase in gain have been the culprit behind the mid hump, perhaps just an inherent trait of an increase in gain?

EleventhHour2139 said:
droptrd said:
Interesting. I've been searching for the most colorless boost possible to use with my Mark III, and all accounts (well most I can recall) seem to say that the RC is more or less unnoticeable, in terms of tone alteration of course. Could the increase in gain have been the culprit behind the mid hump, perhaps just an inherent trait of an increase in gain?
IMO the RC is more TSish than the BB. The BB has more gain too. The RC is more of a clean boost/OD where the BB is more of a distortion/OD. Im not sayin the RC has mids like an 808, its not even close IMO. I think it has slightly more than the BB. The RC should be a great boost for your Mark III. Its a great pedal.

droptrd said:
IMO the RC is more TSish than the BB. The BB has more gain too. The RC is more of a clean boost/OD where the BB is more of a distortion/OD. Im not sayin the RC has mids like an 808, its not even close IMO. I think it has slightly more than the BB. The RC should be a great boost for your Mark III. Its a great pedal.
Much thanks for the input! :D

Back