• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: My DC5 Combo for some sort of Mesa, lonestar spec.,etc

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTE

Reaction score
Now that im getting into more jazzier stuff, and the fact that i don't need an extremely high gain channel, im given some thought to trading/selling my DC5 combo. I only have one pic of it, but if anyone is actually interested, i will definitely take alot more, higher quality pics.

Basically, i still love the mesa sound, and just the workmanship, the circuitry behind the knobs,etc. But im just looking for an amp more focused on cleaner sounds. Something like a lonestar special, even some sort of stiletto, or discontinued mesas. Im not that familiar with other mesas other than marks, dcs and rectos.

Basically what im looking for is a simple, very open clean channel that can get woody, round jazz tones, and blooming chords for eric johnson/allan holdsworth type voicings. As far as other channels, id like to be able to get nice spanky dirty rhythms and leads, something i could never get from my DC5. Also, i am looking to be able to get johnson violin like tones, of course with the help of my od pedals.

EDIT: more about my amp. I got it used about a year ago, i replaced the tubes a month ago, and still have the old ones. The amp is an older DC with the rotary eq switch on the rear and the lead/rhythm switch on the front and on the footswitch. Its a very clean amp aside from some expected tolex cuts.

Would you be interested in trading for a Mesa Express 5:25 1 x 10. It does the clean and dirty tones you are looking for. The clean channel is similiar to the Lonestar and early Marks. It is in like new condition with all of the original paperwork that came with it. I am away,but I can provide pictures on Tuesday if you are interested. I am actually looking to get the super high gain tones.

Sorry, not extremely interested, ive never really liked the sound and feel of el84s. Thanks for your interest though.

Haha, did someone just compare an express 1x10 to a lonestar... aww you haven't heard a lonestar before have you? They're pretty sweet.

I have played a lonestar and they are sweet. Some of the technology from the Lonestar was used in the Express. I know that it's not the same exact sound. Just similar.

Latest posts

Back