• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT Marshall JMP for Dual Rec or Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would certainly trade you if I didn't already own one and had a second Mark IV sitting around. The JMP's are classic Marshall. Though they are single channel they really are versatile amps if you use your guitar's knobs.

Cmon you know you want to trade the Mark IV. Its always good to have a backup 8) . Haha ya, the marshall sound just isnt for me. Im in a band that uses clean and dirty sounds, and it can cover both even with one channel, Im just a boogie guy through and through.

They haven't made JMP's since 1981. I don't remember off hand the price that they sold for back then.

I have seen them go for as much as $1500 lately though. These amps are all you need if you want classic Marshall tone. The master volume amps are nice and they transitioned to the JCM800's as the 2203 and 2204 models. The superlead became the 1959 and 1987 models. The JMP amps are considered to be more classic sounding because in the JCM800 line they received a tad more gain and then went through changes eventually making them sound more modern (this relates to the 100 watt master volume/2203). The 2204 (50 watt master volume amp) stayed change free even when they changed from the flying leads to the PCB mounted pots. When the 2203 had its caps reduced the 2204 stayed consistent in JCM800 trim. The 2204 is a very giggable amp. The 2203 and the 1959/1987 amps al need more room to breathe. The 2203 having more headroom than the 2204 takes more volume to get to power tubes distortion. The 1959/1987 amps require serious volume before you achieve their brilliance which lies in power tube distortion.

Fair pricing for a JMP begins at around $950 for something in decent shape to upwards of $1500-1800 for something dead mint with no mods.

I actually have a 50 watt master volume head that is 99% original. It only has one small cap replaced that went bad, the plastic input jack nuts were replaced with metal ones, and the power cord was changed to the IEC style cord. Otherwise it is 100% original and near mint. This amp totally screams with classic Marshall tone and grunt. It is seriously a keeper. I would definitely part with my JCM800 before this amp. Actually, I would probably sell my Mark IV before this one too. I just kind of grew up on this style of amp. To me, it is classic rock, classic metal, classic punk, you name it. I have even seen guys using it for stuff like funk.

Yup, the JMP 2204 is my all-time favorite amp. The cabs from that era are great as well. 8)

Back