• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Blue jewel LED and slip cover for dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtxdriggers

Reaction score
The title says it all. I'm trying not to spend more than $30. The slip cover needs to fit a 1993 2 channel dual rectifier. I just bought R-001313 and I'm going to do a couple of cosmetic mods to make it fit the exact one I wanted. Blue jewel light, and I'm going to paint the diamond plate black because the chassis is already chrome. It needs to be cleaned up, but that's okay :)

Hit me up if you have one or the other, or both. Thanks

hey congrats on landing a chrome chassis Rev F. Its going to sound awesome. You can get the jewel lens directly from the mesa boogie webpage if you have trouble finding one somewhere else.

Could you recommend a type of paint or the process to paint the plate black? I am planning on doing the same, but want it to look like the black plates MESA sells. Thanks

@ibanezgtr: The actual blackface mesas have a matte or satin feel to it. I'm going to use a gloss black just to be different. I'm not exactly sure what kind of paint I'm going to use though. But my friend is a professional, I'll let you know what he recommends :wink:

@Johnson: You can actually get both a lens and a (more modern) slip cover from mesa. But, considering shipping and the modernized cover, the price ended up being about $60. And after buying my dual rec, I'm broke :lol:

ibanezgtr said:
Could you recommend a type of paint or the process to paint the plate black? I am planning on doing the same, but want it to look like the black plates MESA sells. Thanks
take it to a pro and get it powdercoated?

Latest posts

Back