• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Blue (Diffused) Jewel Light

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverwulf

Reaction score
Title says it all. Looking to buy a couple of the blue (diffused) jewel light covers. If you have any for sale, please let me know!

Is the diffused one just the round one, or the one that looks kinda like a crystal?

I've got a regular blue one that came off of an older 2 channel dual rec that I used to own, then 2 others, a green one and a purple one that have the 'crystal look'. Shoot me a pm if thats what you're looking for. Thanks.

These little jewels can make a nice difference. I think red looks 'mean' and blue looks kind of 'futuristic'. The green on my Stiletto just looks 'cool'. Hehe. Fun little inexpensive mod!

does anybody still have these? I would like blue, green, or purple even...anything other than red really haha.

Thanks
Rich

rich said:
does anybody still have these? I would like blue, green, or purple even...anything other than red really haha.

Thanks
Rich

You can buy any available color through Mesa for $5 (they're on the price-list). They also have them at the MesaBoogieStore if you're near there too.

It's funny because, my T-Verb has the green light....and I've been wanting to buy a purple one for a while now, but told myself I'd wait until I re-do my grill on my combo to match my cabinet. Meanwhile, my 8 y.o. kid is interested enough in this to always tell me never to make the change because he prefers the green light.

You gotta love Mesa for having this option for us to geek out over.

Donnie B. said:
Mesa doesn't offer a blue one anymore. Anyone know where I can get one?

It's actually the same jewel that Fender uses:

http://www.music123.com/Fender-Amplifier-Jewel-420518-i1133540.Music123

I have tried nearly every color from nearly every company and all the blue ones I have tried end up looking washed out, almost to the point of it looking teal or aquamarine.

I stick with the violet one, because as someone else said, it makes it look like a tiny blacklight.

echoes420 said:
I have tried nearly every color from nearly every company and all the blue ones I have tried end up looking washed out, almost to the point of it looking teal or aquamarine...
Maybe it would require a dimmer bulb, if that is possible, or a resistor in series with the feed.

This place has a good assortment of the colored jewel lenses they have good prices on most of there products.

http://www.tubesandmore.com/
go to the lamps/fuses/holders then click on jewels

echoes420 said:
I have tried nearly every color from nearly every company and all the blue ones I have tried end up looking washed out, almost to the point of it looking teal or aquamarine.

I replaced the red jewel light on my Peavey XXX I used to have (first tube amp) with a blue one and I noticed the same thing. I ended up cutting a little piece of blue light filter film (used for stage lighting) and tucked it in the inside of the jewel. It made the light much more blue - like I wanted.

"I ended up cutting a little piece of blue light filter film (used for stage lighting) and tucked it in the inside of the jewel. It made the light much more blue - like I wanted."

That is a fantastic idea. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back