• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 92 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 2channel "Blackface&

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtxdriggers

Reaction score
I've been looking to buy a used dual rec from 1992, but all I've been able to find are people wanting a fortune for them (there's one on ebay right now for about $2150 USD). I'm trying not to spend more than $1000, but I'll go a little over that if needed for shipping or something. I'd like to have some sort of payment plan set up, as I can not afford to pay quite that much at this point. If you don't like the idea of a payment plan, please still contact me and we might be able to get something arranged.

I'd really like to have one of the first 500 (a "holy grail" according to wikipedia :p ), but I don't really expect to be that fortunate. My brother used to have one of the first 200 (I can't remember the exact serial number), but unfortuanately, he had to sell it because of serious financial issues. But the only reason I'm so intent on having this amp is because I've played on my brother's so many times, I've become obsessed with the sound it produced, and have not been able to match it with any other amp.

Please contact me if you're interested. Let's do business.

EDIT: Well, its become obvious that I'm not going to find one for that cheap. I don't need a pre500, but I would like it to have a black diamond plate and a chrome chassis. Please contact me with any offers whatsoever.

Well you have to keep in mind that the seller of that amp is from austrailia, and mesa's go for ALOT more over there. Also, he is selling a blackface chrome chassis version, which also goes for more than your standard Pre-500 DR. IMHO I think it will be tough for you to find someone that is willing to sell their PRE500 DR for 1k. I think you'd be better off offering somewhere between 1,200-1,400. I know some one who is selling a PRE500 so PM if your interested, but I doubt they'd be willing to sell it for 1k. But I am with you, the Pre500 sound AMAZING!!

the first one: i already called him. he sold it.

the second one: great deal, for now. with 6 days left, its inevitably going to raise in price.

the third one: great deal for both the head and the cab. but i dont need a cab, and i dont have quite that much.

thanks for your efforts though :)

Latest posts

Back