• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 2ch Recto(pre 500) / Racktifier / Mark III / Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kung-Fool

Reaction score
I'm looking to pick up a 2nd amp as a backup to my Racktifier. Let me know if you'd like to sell one of the following. I don't want any beaters or anything with issues!

2 Ch Dual Recto - Looking for a pre 500 s/n with blackface/chrome chassis. I'd consider a chromeface/black chassis but I definitely prefer the blackface. I would also consider a blackface/chrome chassis later than 500 s/n as long as it's a rev F.

Racktifier - I'd prefer rev F but I'm not so picky on this one.

Mark III - Blue or green stripe head. Must have EQ and the more options the better. R2 volume mod is a definite plus.

Mark IV - Not too picky on this one.

Let me know what you have. Feel free to PM or email me @ [email protected]. And please have at least a ballpark idea of what you want for your amp when contacting me. Thanks. :D

there's a mark3 w. the r2 mod on harmony central classifieds.

i'd get a mark....you already have a nice recto!

Can you give me a link, I'm not seeing it. There's a Mark III blue stripe I see but it's located in England.

I love me them Rectos! :lol:

Mesa Mark III Simul-Class and EQ w/R2 Mod

Asking Price: US$750
Condition: Good
Description:
I'm selling my Mark III. I just learned the Metallica used these on "And Justice for All" and Faith No More used these on "Angle Dust." So if you dig their sound, this amp is all over it. Also, Mark III's have an amazing clean sound- I use the clean almost as much as the lead channels. This baby has been modded by Boogie in Cal. The Reverb knob now controls the volume for the 2nd channel. Unfortunately, this means the the reverb has been disconnectd which isn't that big of a deal because Mesa's reverb stinks on these models anyway. That means that all 3 channels now have their own dedicated volume. Boogie really should have done this to begin with. This amp started it's life as a head that someone put in a Mesa DC-5 widebody combo case. It uses a Black Shadow 90 speaker and sounds awesome. I'm having an amp built for me and just don't need so many amps any more. I have it tubed with new Mesa 6L6's, 2 New Groove tubes el34's, 3 12ax7's, and a 12at7 in the v1 slot. I have an extra 12ax7 that I'll ship with the amp if you want to swap out the 12at7. As always, pics are available upon request, just shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]. $750 plus $45 S&H to the continental US- this thing is heave. Be sure to read the reviews on HC, this thing is a tone machine. Everyone's major complaint is the volume difference between channels 1 and 2. This problem doesn't exist on this amp because of the mod!
Seller: Chris Gregory, 334-678-9334
E-mail: forgivenman (Profile)
Post Date: 3/5/2007

copied and pasted

If you dont mind me asking... Whats the difference in pre 500 serial numbers anyway? What changed after that?

#503 is on e-bay right now with about 3 hours left. Check it out. There is a link here inthe classifieds and in the modern section. Chrome and Chrome.

Russ said:
#503 is on e-bay right now with about 3 hours left. Check it out. There is a link here inthe classifieds and in the modern section. Chrome and Chrome.

Yeah I saw that. I got something better on the line right now. :lol:

Thanks for looking out though!

Spike said:
If you dont mind me asking... Whats the difference in pre 500 serial numbers anyway? What changed after that?

the transformers changed and the circuit board revisions changed. as we know from the Mark2c+ which had its own "grail transformers," they can really shape the sound a lot. Later versions of the Mark didn't quite have the same juice, despite having similar circuit boards. The same applies for the rectos. Pre500 had revisions C and D. Afterwards was F and G, which still sound great btw. Earlier ones also had attached power cables and serial loops. These amps are extremely clear--no fizz or mud. They are like a recto and Mark on steroids at the same time. Very very aggressive, yet extremely pleasant and smooth gain.

Latest posts

Back