Wow what a difference from Silicon Diodes to Vacuum Tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titan7

Reaction score
I have been playing my new DR in the silicon diode mode, switch to tube rectifier today, it's like an different amp, much more tone IMO, man I love this amp. My Line6 Flextone and SpiderIII sound like toys compared to the real deal : )

I have the Dual Rec playing through my Marshall 1960BV cab. Why did I wait so many years to get this amp.

i wish they make this programmable on each channel.
For clean/overdriven barre chords,i prefer SD
For lead,,i prefer the TR

I'm preferring the Silicone Diodes (SD) for my drive channel. I'm finding that the SD setting has a tighter bottom end and a crisper high end.

Makes me wonder if my 5U4 tube might need to be changed.

Of course it might depend upon the tone you're going for. I'm going for a Texas Blues Strat sound

I haven't found much that I like with the tube rectifiers. Then again, I don't know how old mine are...the amp came with coke bottle STR 420s, and red bottom 5U4s...they're probably stock from '95. The amp was set on the tube rectos when I got it too. I'm just a little apprehensive about spending $40 on new tubes and not liking them.

domct203 said:
triodal said:
i wish they make this programmable on each channel.
For clean/overdriven barre chords,i prefer SD
For lead,,i prefer the TR

It is with the Roadster & RK.

Dom

and the Stiletto too. I'm surprised it's not on the DR

mikey383 said:
I haven't found much that I like with the tube rectifiers. Then again, I don't know how old mine are...the amp came with coke bottle STR 420s, and red bottom 5U4s...they're probably stock from '95. The amp was set on the tube rectos when I got it too. I'm just a little apprehensive about spending $40 on new tubes and not liking them.

My Tremoverb came with the original 5U4's installed, get the volume anywhere past 4 and all farts let loose, switched to JJ GZ34's and now it is as smooth as silk, the break up is more controllable and the top end fizz has all but gone. 5U4's (despite the ridiculous size) can't handle anywhere near the current of a GZ34 (despite their size).

A

Back