Would You Trade PRS CU-24 for a Tremoverb, Recto cab & s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine is really into PRS. He has an older CE24 that he has worn the frets out on.

I have a '97 CU24, Ten Top, Birds, Duncan pickups, etc. that I haven't played in years.

He wants to trade the following for it:
Tremoverb head, with new tubes (mint condition)
New set of Mesa EL-34's (unused, in box)
Recto 2x12 cab w/Vintage 30's (mint condition)
Line 6 Delay Modeller with Power Supply (used, but nice condition)

The guitar is absolutely beautiful, but I don't play it much because of the flatter radius and shorter scale. I'm really more of a Strat guy. I have other guitars with 2 humbuckers as well.

Here's the catch though, everytime I decide to sell the guitar, I play it and it sounds so incredible that I decide to keep it. After I decide to keep it, I put it back in the case and don't touch it again until I think I want to sell it.

I don't really need another amp, but it might be good to keep the Tremo at work incase I feel the urge, and have my DC & Roadster at home in my music room that I still haven't built.

What the hell would you guys do??????

Guitars were made to be played :)

If you don't play it, off it in my opinion. I did the same thing to myself years ago and I still sort of regret it but what I gained out of my deal was better in my opinion so who knows.

If you really like the tone but can't get used to the flatter radius, maybe you should look into a different model PRS instead?

Been in your position a lot of times. If you really don't need another amp I think is better to keep the guitar. Sellers remorse will be bad in a nice guitar like that. On the other hand if you don't want to have it anymore then sold it for a good price. I think the value of the guitar is a little higher than the value of the the trade you have been offered, beside guitars tend to keep value better than gear. If you sell it you may finance something you really need or like...

Keep the guitar. Gear doesn't hold much value and soul as a fine guita.r
You have a very nice guitar. You have some nice amps. Let it be or you'll kick yourself for it.

Personally I would go for the trade and take the amp and stuff for it. Lets face it, even if your not going to use the amp, you could sell that stuff on ebay for more than you'd get for the guitar! :wink:

That's pretty much what I thought. I've seen the CU24 go for around $1500 for ever.

If I go for it, I'll probably try to talk him out of some other stuff too. He really wants the guitar. He's a good guy, but I think I could only get $1000 for the Tremoverb head, and a total of only about $1300-$1400 for all of the stuff put together.

Back