Would this work?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMesa

Reaction score
Ok hear me out cause I don't know what this would sound like or even work right lol. I have a TriAxis and 2:90 already but I'm thinking of adding a Recto preamp to my rack. My plan is to use a A/B/Y switch to split the guitar signal to go in the TriAxis and Recto at the same time and use the 2:90 for both preamps at the same time but obviously in stereo. I would then rewire my recto cab for an X - pattern and run it in stereo. The plan is to have the heavy bottom end of the recto with the tight fluid sound of the Mark at the same time. I would also use a XLY splitter cable to hook up 2 mics at one time in a live situation.

I'm basically trying to build an ungodly Mesa tone that has the best of both worlds at once lol. Any thoughts?

Yeah that should work fine. I split my guitar signal into a Studio Preamp and Mark III which I have together in a six-space rack, then feed both preamp outputs to a passive a/b box that goes back into the effects return. To split the guitar signal I just wired up a female jack to a pair of male jacks...the wiring is actually some cheesy Radio Shack stuff, but it's only about 8 inches of it, and I can't tell any difference in my tone. In fact, I would do that rather than an a/b/y switch if I were you just because it's cheaper, unless you want the ability to kill the input to one preamp or the other on the fly.

Latest posts

Back