Would anyone pay $5000 for DRG c+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's some very pricy DRG C+s on fleabay right now. And some of those are upgrades. If you look around and don't rush it you can get a better deal than that. The most I ever paid for a fully loaded factory DRG C+ was 3500.00. In my opinion that was top dollar for that amp. You know what they say, something's worth what another will pay for it. At 5K, I'm just not that someone.

Buster Leggs said:
There's some very pricy DRG C+s on fleabay right now. And some of those are upgrades.
IIC's that were updated to a + are just as desirable as a factory original. There's been a lot of guys lately who insinuate that one that was upgraded is somehow worth less which is not true.
Carry on. :D

I wouldn't. The market is not there right now, IMO. I paid $4k for my Coliseum, but it was artist owned and I had to fight to the last second on that auction.

ryjan said:
IIC's that were updated to a + are just as desirable as a factory original. There's been a lot of guys lately who insinuate that one that was upgraded is somehow worth less which is not true.
I just bought a DRGX IIC and had it upgraded. It sounds just as good as both my factory IIC+'s.
It was a imbuya hardwood EV loaded combo from 83, and I payed $1560 (todays currency) for it as a IIC. The upgrade and service cost another $600, plus shipping from Norway and back. I'm glad I did and can afford it, but it's still a leap up to $5000.
I put it in a head though, I'm not a fan of combos generally. I like the big low end in a closed cabinet.

ryjan said:
Buster Leggs said:
There's some very pricy DRG C+s on fleabay right now. And some of those are upgrades.
I have both factory and upgraded C+'s. I agree an upgrade is just as desirable as a factory C+ from a tone standpoint.( In some cases even more so, IE: the legendary "cold sweat"). But generally it seems many people are willing to pay a little more for a factory unit, I've observed this on many occasions. That's what I was referring to and was not claiming a factory sounds better that an upgrade . I was talking to Mike B. about factory vs upgrade at one point and his comment was "you guys kill me because PT aside it's the same F'n amp".

thanks for the replies. im looking to pick one up again and have been out of the loop. 5k seemed a bit much. thanks for affirming that for me.

Latest posts

Back