wnged Cs - 6L6s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonge

Reaction score
I am very interested in trying out some of these. I was wondering where people are buying them from in order for them to be within mesa specs.

Also what exactly qualify as mesa specs? I know they(the tubes)come in different colors and numbers..but does anyone one know how to break it down in terms of what each means (grey, yellow etc.)?? Thanks to anyone in advanced. Sorry if this was already covered.

Dougs Tubes has =C= 6L6s (SED 6l6GC) and can get you a Mesa graded set! :)

I've got a pair in my Mk III. They. Own.

Camsna nailed it. That's what I buy and where I buy most of my tubes. I love STR454's so I stick with the SED's. I noticed Camsna you wrote =C= 6J6's. Did you mean 6L6's?

boogietone said:
Camsna nailed it. That's what I buy and where I buy most of my tubes. I love STR454's so I stick with the SED's. I noticed Camsna you wrote =C= 6J6's. Did you mean 6L6's?

Uhhhh. No I didn't....

;)

(*whoopsie*)

MarkIV

I was going to use them in the inner sockets. I already have the winged Cs (el34) in the outer as it is. I mean I like em and they seem to be the better sounding el34s thses days. But I use the siemens in my C+ and that is just the bombest sound. I am getting very annoyed w/440s. I hate 420s. 430s aren't much better to me either. I would really love to get my hands on some mesa (sylvanias) if I had the chance. I hear that those are the best and since I have pretty much only used european tubes in my C+, I figure why not change it up a bit w/ the american tone of things. I really want some NOS american tubes a.k.a. JAN phillips (power) and rca (preamp).

In the Mark IV as of now is as follows:
Power - el34 =c= and mesa 440s.
Preamp - 5 mesa russian2s <--which I had some russian1s that I was really digging on, but they've gone microphonic to the point of not being able to play w/out squeeling. I know they are suppose to be sovteks in disguise but they sound pretty good.

I need something with a bit more life.

yep...

Hey Stonge....

"I would really love to get my hands on some mesa (sylvanias) if I had the chance. I hear that those are the best"

Which type of Sylvania's are you refering to (exact model)? Are these the ones Mesa used to originally stock in the C+'s?

I'm looking to re-tube my C+, new power & pre-amp if anyone has any recomendations....looking for smooth, tight high gain!

I'm happy with my C+ but would still like to shape my tone a little more...

Back