Will my pedals work in the effects loop of an Electra Dyne?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtThump

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering picking up an Electra Dyne combo. Maybe even doing it today... But I have my pedalboard setup the exact way I want it and I don't want to change anything.

All I want to do is be able to run a Boss DD-20 delay and MXR 10-band EQ pedal in the loop of the Electra Dyne. Do you think this will work? I know the manual specifically mentions "effects processors", not pedals, and that bothers me.

Since I may be buying used, I won't be able to return the amp. This is why I'd like to get some feedback on this before purchasing.

Thanks,

Chris

I have used a Digitech hardwire delay and a boss chorus in the loop with no problems at all.

Thanks 'Assumer.' Looks like I'll find out on my own tonight, since I just picked up a new Electra Dyne 1x12" combo. :mrgreen:

Yay for me!

Congrats. I also run a digitech RP250 through my 1x12 combo loop and it sounds great.

You will love this amp!

primal said:
Congrats. I also run a digitech RP250 through my 1x12 combo loop and it sounds great.

You will love this amp!

Yeah, I think I'll love it too. I've played the 1x12" combos a couple of different times and I always walk out thinking about buying it. I'm really not into combo amps much at all. They usually sound pretty wimpy compared to a closed-back 2x12" or 4x12" cab. But this Electra Dyne certainly seems different. It sounds very big to me in the stores. It has a very full low end.

I can't wait to get home with it tonight and spend some good quality time with it this weekend. I'm excited about it. I know one thing, though... The amp is freaking HEAVY! I was shocked when I picked it up. I didn't expect it to be quite that heavy, lol...

Anyway, I do alot of videos on YouTube of my gear (same username as here) and I'm sure I'll have some Electra Dyne videos soon. Probably this weekend.

I'm VERY happy to report that my pedals work perfectly in the loop! I mean PERFECTLY. I played the amp for quite a while just now without trying the pedals, just to get a feel for it. Then I hooked everything up and it sounded the same. I compared running the amp with and without the pedals in the loop several times and... I can't even hear a difference when I plug the pedals in. Wow. I can normally hear a tiny difference, but I swear the volume and tone stays the exact same with or without them.

Excellent... Glad I took the gamble.

PS - I've finally settled on a very simple, very good sounding pedalboard and wasn't willing to change it up. I also have a custom pedal loom/snake made for this board and my other amp (CAA OD100 SE+.) I'm glad that the pedalboard and loom both work perfectly with the Electra Dyne. That was my goal.

I am using a TC Electronic Nova system in the loop and it really sounds fantastic!

Latest posts

Back