Will a tuner work in the loop of a MKIV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fdesalvo

Reaction score
I've got a question- I'm considering ditching the pedal board mounted wireless and installing a rack-mounted unit in the MKIV's rack. The only thing I have running into the front of my amp is my tuner. All FX go through the loop. If I move to a rackmounted wireless, I'll have to have long cables running to and from the tuner to the rack- an idea I don't like.

Can I just run the tuner in the MKIV's FX loop and still have the signal mute when I activate it? I reckon it should, as it's a series loop. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for looking.

I run my tuner from the record out. That way when I want silent tuning I just pull the output knob and I can leave the tuner on all the time. It will also work in the loop. I just hate running extra stuff in my signal chain, more chance of noise and problems, ya know.

Mine is on my rackmount and is plug on the effect loop in the back of my M4.
Everything works very well...
I have a mute on my tuner (Korg)

I've always put the tuner on a Rec. out but never in my signal path. Not to say that others aren't successful at it, just never saw the need to have it in there.

Record out is the best way to go. Keeps the tuner out of the signal path and you can also use the mute feature to tune silently. Just note the RO does not work well at very low volume (bedroom) the signal gets pretty weak.

Maybe a passive buffer/splitter such as Lehle P-Split? Send one side to your rig and the other to the tuner at your feet.

This inspired me to give it a try and I think it works great.

I plug the input of the tuner into the FX SEND, and I can use the tuner when I engage the loop on the footswitch. I don't have the signal plugged back into the return, so it cuts the volume way down while I tune. I think it works pretty well. 8)

Back