will a dc3 swap into a mark ii or iiicombo shell?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bede400

Reaction score
i have a dc3 head and have found an empty mk ii or iii combo will the dc3 fit correctly and also will a mark iv short head or rackmount fit in it as well as i will be purchasing one at some point thanks

bede400 said:
i have a dc3 head and have found an empty mkiv combo will the dc3 fit correctly and yes the mark iv is a short not widebody thanks
If you have a short-head DC-3, and a short-head Mark IV, it should fit. If the Mark has the "harmonics" switch on the front (instead of in the back), you have a "compact" Mark, not a short-head, and it will NOT fit.

sorry my fault just checked again it seems to be a maek ii or iii which was taken from the combo will my dc3 chassis from my head fit? thanks

bede400 said:
sorry my fault just checked again it seems to be a maek ii or iii which was taken from the combo will my dc3 chassis from my head fit? thanks
The DC-3 short-chassis (don't know if DC-3s came in anything BUT short-chassis) should fit into any Mesa short-chassis head shell, combo cabinet, or rackmount. Just beware, although not available in every product line, I believe there are as many as three different Mesa head sizes: short-chassis, compact, and wide-body. I drove 60 miles to look at what I thought was a short-chassis Mark IV, but it actually was a "compact." The compact is about two inches wider than a short-chassis, and won't fit in a rackmount. Now, I have my short-chassis DC-3, and a short-chassis Mark IV, both fitting perfectly in standard Mesa rackmount kits.

thanks for the quick reply u rule brother u have the exact setup i want lol green with envy :mrgreen:

bede400 said:
thanks for the quick reply u rule brother u have the exact setup i want lol green with envy . . .
Oooohhh yeah! All I can say, is GET IT! A DC-3 and a Mark IV with an A/B/Y switch is the sweetest set-up in the universe, IMO! Do whatever you need to do. But, GET IT! The tonal possibilites are ENDLESS! You will NOT regret it!!!

Slight correction to level 4, short chassis IS compact format. All this talk about the DC makes me curious. There aren't enough audio clips around, the only one I've ever heard is Plumptone's. You DC owners, start recording. :D

trem said:
Slight correction to level 4, short chassis IS compact format.
Ahh . . . here's the nomenclature—straight from the August 2007 official ProNet Mesa/Boogie price list:

"Mark IV Short Head (width 18 3/4")"
"Mark IV Medium Head (width 22 1/2)"
"Mark IV Compact Combo (width 18 3/4")"
"Mark IV Widebody Combo (width 22 1/2)"

The "medium" head is referred to as BOTH the "medium" head and the "widebody" head in the SAME Mesa price list (in different places). So, therein lies the confusion between "short head" and "compact combo."

this place rocks such informed people are a pleasure to interact with ill be getting onto that recording thing asap :wink:

Latest posts

Back