Wich one should I take (with pics) Tremoverb or Dual 3 chann

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webstersp

Reaction score
I have a RV 50 and I want to sell it or trade it for a dual rectifier.
I need to choose between these 2 deals

1) dual tremoverb head + 400$ of studio time against my RV 50 head. The guy have a home studio, but we can do this
with our own equipment. (pro-tools 8, m-audio BX5a deluxe, Fast track ultra, Rode Nt1a, shure sm57-58 etc) .

2) A mesa dual rectifier 3 channel 11 months old, Still have 4 years of waranty.
I can sell my RV50 for 1600$ can I have my buyer. And I would pay 1350$ can for that Dual. Would have 250$can in cash.

I wanted the tremoverb at first but I thing the 3 chan is a too good deal to pass.

Hers some pics of both:

Mesa_04.jpg

Mesa_01.jpg

Recto7.jpg

Recto5.jpg

Recto3.jpg

Tremoverb is taht much better than a 3 channel dual rectifier?
I tought the 4 year waranty was also great.
Byt the way it is not a triple but a dual rectifier

I would take the Tremoverb. It is one of the best of the whole DR family and my personal favorite.

It is always better and cheaper in the long run to get what you want the first time.

webstersp said:

For tone, yes. It's much clearer, tighter, warmer sounding. The warranty doesn't mean much because Mesa's don't break! All you ever need to do is replace tubes.

Elpelotero said:
webstersp said:

For tone, yes. It's much clearer, tighter, warmer sounding. The warranty doesn't mean much because Mesa's don't break! All you ever need to do is replace tubes.

That, and if a weak part was going to fail on the Tremoverb, it would've failed by now. Should just be standard maintenance from here on in.

Another vote for the Tremoverb.

Well I went to try the tremoverb tonight.
The amp was mint, no dent nothing at all looks like brand new.

I prefered my orange RV 50 finally, same thing for the studio guy.
The Tverb has a bit more gain for sure but the clatity of my notes on my RV 50
is really better!

Tell me about it!
stephen sawall said:
I would take the Tremoverb. It is one of the best of the whole DR family and my personal favorite.

It is always better and cheaper in the long run to get what you want the first time.

Latest posts

Back