Why only Boogie and not Mesa Boogie?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mp3_file

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Vito and I'm from Slovenia. I recently purched the brand new Mark 4 and I was blown away but I do have a question about this state of the art amp: why do some Mark 4 have written only Boogie on the front and some Mesa/Boogie...are there any differences between those amps?

Thanks, Vito.

The "Mesa Boogie" models are exact copies of the C+ using the same PCBs and transformers. They also put out 400 watts and are worth 3 times as much as a "Boogie" mark iv.

I hope this lays any other rumors to rest.

Greg

disassembled said:
The "Mesa Boogie" models are exact copies of the C+ using the same PCBs and transformers. They also put out 400 watts and are worth 3 times as much as a "Boogie" mark iv.
I hope this lays any other rumors to rest.
Greg
I have to say this is a "humorous" reply, disregard it.
There is no difference between the two, Boogie or Mesa Boogie is what is asked for or is in stock at the store at the time, nothing more and nothing less.
I did quite a bit of investigating on this subject and a Mark lV is generally badged Boogie but if requested, can be badged Mesa/Boogie as can any Mesa Boogie amp or cab.

I ordered my new Mark IV last week, and requested through my dealer that the "Boogie" logo be installed instead of the "Mesa/Boogie" logo. I have not seen any recent Mark IVs with the "Mesa/Boogie" logo. I didn't want to take any chances, so I specified the "Boogie" logo. My dealer said they were more than happy to oblige me on that request.

Back