Why No Mesa Mark Cabs?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
I mean they have a Roadking Cab, a Roadster Cab, a Recto Cab, a...

But their Flagship the Mark V has no Cab. Whats up?

I think it is a perfect time for Mesa to come out with a Mark cab. Electro-voice has started making the EVM12l again. :wink:

I've always considered these to be the "Mark" series cabinets: http://store.mesahollywood.com/amplifiers-newamps-guitar-cabinets-mesa-compact-cabinet-designs.html

They seem to match-up to the Mark series amps, because they each have the front-mount grille (with visible screws) like the Mark heads and combos.

yhst-75036615416798_2107_41167803

yhst-75036615416798_2105_19704498

yhst-75036615416798_2107_41201264

And you can see how they match these:

yhst-75036615416798_2107_17567254

yhst-75036615416798_2107_17594955

The widebody Compact 1x12 "matches" the Mark V in that the MV head or combo sit on it just right, and the standard dress matches. The new closed back widebody 1x12 is supposed to be the Theile-like comparable cab for the Mark V as the standard Theile cab is for the older Marks. It is a closed back, ported 1x12, but wider to accommodate the wider Mark V footprint. I am guessing, but think they added the widebody cabs to the "compact" cabinet series specifically for that reason. The Compact cabs fit the Mark amps, and they needed a wider variety for the Mark V. If you look up the specs on the Mark V and the widebody compact cabs, I think you will see they are about the same.

I think, if I recall correctly, that the Express series of cabinets also fit the Mark V, but I am less confident on that.

Oh, and the factory will put the Boogie badge of the MV onto the cabinet (in place of the Mesa badge) if you ask.

babow2 said:
I think, if I recall correctly, that the Express series of cabinets also fit the Mark V, but I am less confident on that.

This is correct. I have an Express 23 1x12, and the head sits on it perfectly, width and depth are the same as the head. My personal favorite cab is the 3/4 back 2x12, it goes well with my Mark V for what I like to hear out of it. I also have a closed-back 1x12 which is the same width as the head and Express cab, but a couple inches deeper and a bit shorter. That cab along with the Express cab make a good little mini-stack setup.

yeah the widebody 1x12 cabs over here are sold as "Mark V Extension Cabs", too expensive though, work out at $675 over here!

A Mark V cab that had the "Boogie" plate on it would be sweet. I've seen cabs like this before, but I think people got a hold of the "Boogie" logo and put it on themselves.

As far as a separate "Mark" cab, I'm just not sure what they could make to have it be different than any other Mesa cab. I am pretty sure Mesa will stick with Celestion or Celestion-made speakers, but someone mentioned the EV's, and that would be pretty cool!

It just wouldn't make sense to make another Recto cab, and just call it a Mark cab.

scott7d said:
A Mark V cab that had the "Boogie" plate on it would be sweet. I've seen cabs like this before, but I think people got a hold of the "Boogie" logo and put it on themselves.

Your answer is here:

babow2 said:
Oh, and the factory will put the Boogie badge of the MV onto the cabinet (in place of the Mesa badge) if you ask.

Back