Why do I want a MKIIC+ ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseydrew

Reaction score
Why do I still want one? I have a MkIV, I think it's great. I can't possibly think the MKIIC+ can be better. So why do I want one?

I realize the MKIIC+ is the holy grail of Boogies, but what makes this better than the MKIV? I'm just looking for your opinions :)

It's not better.
In fact, if you compare them objectively, most will say the Mark IV is better. For one thing, it's 9384723984 times more versatile... In comparison, earlier Marks are relatively limited due to shared EQ, etc.

However, the tone of a IIC+ is legendary. A lot of its desirability is from all the hype and even more is from subjectivity of what makes good tone.

So you ask "Why do I want a MKIIC+ "?

You tell me.

EDIT: Also, check out this thread I started. It's pretty much an overlap with your question.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12127

visualrocker69 said:
It's not better.
In fact, if you compare them objectively, most will say the Mark IV is better. For one thing, it's 9384723984 times more versatile... In comparison, earlier Marks are relatively limited due to shared EQ, etc.

However, the tone of a IIC+ is legendary. A lot of its desirability is from all the hype and even more is from subjectivity of what makes good tone.

So you ask "Why do I want a MKIIC+ "?

You tell me.

EDIT: Also, check out this thread I started. It's pretty much an overlap with your question.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12127

IMHO, you need to own both to give a valid opinion. Propoganda will spread like wildfire. It can easily be broken down to Haters or Players. It's been like this since the beginning so for me it's old hat. It's not hype. Other than selling for a quick profit, you rarely see them on the market. We had a guy on here who sold 8 and probably cleared $ 1500 per unit. Not a bad ROI clearing 12K. I would hate to see the bashing the C+'s take when the market dries up to a crawl. Supply and demand can be a *****.

jerseydrew said:
Why do I still want one? I have a MkIV, I think it's great. I can't possibly think the MKIIC+ can be better. So why do I want one?

I realize the MKIIC+ is the holy grail of Boogies, but what makes this better than the MKIV? I'm just looking for your opinions :)

It has a raw aggression that the MK IV does not have. Tons of gain, headroom and a smooth, round but still agressive tone. Depending on your EQ settings, pull functions and Graphic setup it can pretty much run the gamut of tones. It's just not as sophisticated and cultured like the MK IV. It's a very nice contrast to have both in your arsenal. You just have to play one.

Boogiebabies said:
I would hate to see the bashing the C+'s take when the market dries up to a crawl. Supply and demand can be a *****.

When the C+ market dries up (high supply, low demand), I'll buy eight more and a couple of multi-amp switchers :twisted: . Then I'll be working overtime just to afford the tubes. :lol:

Boogiebabies said:
jerseydrew said:

It has a raw aggression that the MK IV does not have. Tons of gain, headroom and a smooth, round but still agressive tone. Depending on your EQ settings, pull functions and Graphic setup it can pretty much run the gamut of tones. It's just not as sophisticated and cultured like the MK IV. It's a very nice contrast to have both in your arsenal. You just have to play one.

this is the best advice ... play one. if you get a tone you like then that's the one for you.

Back