Who's got a custom finish Express?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floaty83

Reaction score
Who out there has a custom finish Express? I'd love to see pics if you're interested in posting them.

I've got the standard black 5:50 1x12 but I'd like to get the tan grille for it. The grille by itself is $169.99. Crazy

DSCF0003.jpg

I got her to match my guitar (somewhat) :mrgreen:

Very nice sir...

That's a crazy guitar you have there :D

There's got to be someone else with a custom finish.... come on people!

I'd love to have a gold/black grill on mine but $169 would be too much. A good shop could probably be able to re-cover the original for less.

Yeah, it's a lot for a grille. But I'm thinking having both on hand would be cool. I could switch them out occasionally for a nice little change. If I ever sold the amp (which I HIGHLY doubt I will), it would be a nice selling point.

When I demo'ed the Express when looking for a new amp, the only thing I didn't like was how it looked. I mean it looks fine, just kind of generic looking compared to Mesa's other amps. I think the custom finish is worth the extra price, it'll make your amp stand out...plus it's a good excuse to not buy a floor model that's been through the wringer by people playing amps at GC that don't know how to treat a tube amp. :wink:

Well I did some work in Microsoft paint and uhh... gotta say. This get's me pumped. Like 9 more weeks to go. :cry: Don't laugh kay?
flippinsweet.jpg

soundchaser59 said:
Looks like your Express head will covered in oxblood velvet! CooooL!
Nah. Wine Taurus. Do any of you guys know if you can request a special handle? In some pics they have it with a nice leather handle instead. If I have to pay like $85 extra that's gonna be gay.

My buddy just picked up a Wine Red 5:50 2x12 with tan jute grill and leather handle. Man, that's a good looking machine.

I'm yer huckleberry... 5:25 1x12" "wine red taurus" ordered from one of the newer online dealers who had it "in stock" awhile back, for somewhat less than if I had placed custom order myself. Love the thing.
IMG_0327.jpg

Wow dude. I'm glad that the Wine Taurus doesn't look like it does in some of the pics on their website. Gorgeous amp. Sucks that it's not a leather handle though.

Antique Electronic Supply has leather strap handles for $10-20 bucks, easy to install. There are several places out there that have them, and they are much nicer than the rubber-over-metal strap.

3617947977_3958d9a6c5_b.jpg

Got it from the dealer, not a custom order for me but I loved it at first sight. Goes well with my guitars too.
3080864683_4bdd94ffe2_m.jpg

2892566699_243b287127_m.jpg

3617945165_df03b82dcf_m.jpg

Welcome to the board with a beautiful 5:50! How ya likin' it? I'm seriously going nuts. Hopefully only about 30 more days to go...

Thank you !

I played other 5:50's many times and always loved it, there is one thing I hate though about this amp which is the fact that the modes on each channel are not footswitchable. To me it is just stupid the fact that you can change the Countour in/out using the footswitch instead of the channel modes, which would turn this amp into a four channel amp to me.

Anyways, I wanted to buy the head version of it for a long time but never did because of the reason above, I was also in doubt between this and the Mark V which I still am going to buy (love it !). The problem number one to me was: I went to the music shop last Saturday and just before leaving (was playing the Mark V for a long time), I spotted this amp and that was it ! I could not resist. I love the amp even though I am normally not a big fan of neither combo amps nor 6L6's. This amp not only has a lot of tone but it also has a lot of charm. My problem number two ? I have a 19 month old daughter, a new job (1 month today) and my wife is due anytime with our second daughter, so as you can imagine I don't really have time to play these days :(

You amp looks amazing as well.

****. Still going with a MKV? I wanted the 5:50 first, then the MKV, then settled on the 5:25. I definitely understand your problems with the not being able to mode switch. I would love that, but with the settings going from crunch to clean would result in a HUGE volume spike. That clean channel is so loud with the gain dimed. I didn't think I'd like the contour knob as much as I do because normally scooped mids, but it sounds awesome. A lot more clarity with more body to it. 29 more days to go until the amp gets here. I'm gonna have to make vids and pics for here.

Back