WHOAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Reaction score
that's exactly what you should do!!

somebody here is selling head shells....

check em out.

Why not just leave it as a combo and get a cab? I always have mine plugged into a cab but I like having it as a combo for when I just want to take it out to jam or something. It might not look as cool but it does give you more options.

miqueas92 said:
newfinator said:
Why not just leave it as a combo and get a cab? I always have mine plugged into a cab but I like having it as a combo for when I just want to take it out to jam or something. It might not look as cool but it does give you more options.

GREAT IDEA :D

+1 on that.

Aesthetically it looks crap, but hey Mark IVs are ugly IMO anyways.

I think it's a great idea to keep it as a combo just incase you need to go jam or something.

i run my cal50+ trough a 1960bv and it's really *** kicking... love it...

Mine's the head version, but I'm using the Marshall 1960A cab with it and it sounds terrific. Try to look past the dust and the Les Paul Telephone

MKIV_IMG_23842.jpg

I've bounced from combo to head to rack mount at different times over the 20 years of owning my MkIII. As I got older, I found the combo to be the most versatile...and easy on the back as someone mentioned. But that's relative, too, since that combo with EV weighs A TON!

When I need to move more air, I use one or both of my old Boogie 2 x 12 Thiel ported cabs. Unless you're just set on driving 4 Celestion greenbacks, one of these 2 x 12s sounds as big as a 4 x 12 and is plenty for most stage sizes. They originally came with a G12-70 on top and an EV in the bottom (I think Neil Schon started that craze) but now have 2 x V30s. Tons of punch and lots more smooth than the G12-70s.

If you have access to one, these cabs are worth a look.

I have 3 vintage half back cabs that I use with my IV and 50+ combos. One has 2 EV's, one has an EV on the bottom and a V30 on top and the other has 2 celestion 75's. They all sound huge but I like the EV's with the boogies. I would like to set one up as mentioned above with the EV and celestion 75 on top. I had a 4x12 like that and it was killer.

miqueas92 said:
Also...

How great does R1 sound turned up...loud.

spectacular.
man if you put a BB Preamp in front of that R1 you'd crap!!! TRUST ME!
Richb

miqueas92 said:
Those BB´s must be the deal.

Someone just did a post on the board with one and R2, sounded really good. I need to check it out the next time Í´m in the States.

Mick
yup,that was me on the post with the video of the MKIV R2 and BB
the little sony camera i'm using doesn't do any justice for the tone but hearing it live it sounds AMAZING and full and just so well rounded.
richb

Latest posts

Back