who wins with tone sucking?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempest1226

Reaction score
parallel or series fx loop. Right now i have only amps that contain parallel loops and i hate them. I cant use my g major and i tried going to the stomp box route and when i jus tadded my dd-6 delay and ch-1 chorus my tone sounded so thin. Imagine a low end crate amp. No bottom end/thickness in the tone at all. So i ask how are series loops compared to parallel. Even more specific. If i get my 3 channel dual rec modded to series will that fix it 100%. Is there such thing as an amp with an fx loop that at least gets close enough to the original tone with loop off/bypassed? Any help with this would be awesome. Take care!

My Mark IV has a series loop...I run a EH Deluxe Memory man in there, and whether the pedal is in the loop or not, I hear no change in tone.

Do you mean no change in tone with the loop active or just when the pedal is on or off. Because I dont hear a change with the pedal on and off. Just when the loop is on or off period. Huge difference

i was really hoping to stay with the recto type sound because ive finally achieved a tight recto sound with my wylde overdrive, so is there any recto series heads that have a perfect loop ( i would imagine series if any) or if i got my dual rectifier modified to a series loop, does anyone have success stories of that mod completely fixing the issue of having tone loss when the loop is on.

I don't know about the G Major since I've never tried but I had a BOSS DD-6 and I sold it quick because I was getting this thin cold delay sound out of it, really crap pedal, I didn't like it at all.

I have Ibanez DE7 now and it's half the price of the DD-6 and sounds much better IMO.

A lot of G-major users complain of the unit through parallel loops. I never liked them personally. I don't see the benefit. I know they digest stomp boxes better. If you look at the roadster and rk they have series or both.

I've heard the mod from serial to parallel is easy on the 3ch. You'll lose the solo boost feature but I believe the G-Major has a db boost to compensate. So if that is not important to you I say go for it.

Latest posts

Back