Who uses a boost or od in front of their amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth, I used to use a Fulltone OCD with my F-50. I ended up not using it as much so I eventually sold it. Now I have a Bad Monkey, TS-9 reissue (both used) and a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster. Each do different things depending on the tone needed and offer endless variety when used with the contour channel.

Just my 2 cents...

UsrName said:
Sounds like the OCD is a winner. On the less expensive, mass produced side of things, what would be a good alternative to check out?

Boss DS-1. Keep the gain almost all the way down and just bump the level.

CudBucket said:
UsrName said:
Sounds like the OCD is a winner. On the less expensive, mass produced side of things, what would be a good alternative to check out?

Boss DS-1. Keep the gain almost all the way down and just bump the level.

That's what I do with the OD808. Gain way down, Level full, tone all the way down too.

Hi.

I use a Boss DS-2.
Level - Full
Tone - 12:00
Gain - 7:30
Turbo Mode II

I find that when I'm playing in Low/middle volumes it makes my Distortion get more "balls".

:twisted:

No one ever listen to me and go try one, but when they do, they just sale their Maxons and other pedals.

Try a Germ Prescrption pedal and you will see what a great pedal is!!!
Best clean Booster(won't color your sound in any, and i mean, any way) and great overdrive for days.

MetalMatt said:
eaeolian said:
MetalMatt said:
There is the Boss SD-1?

I just picked up one to try instead of the TS. Some people like the SD-1 better since it's a little more "aggressive"...

How do you like it? A few people say that Zakk originally used one. I'm thinking of getting mine modded.

I'm thinking of modding mine myself. So far, I prefer the TS, since it's a little "sweeter", but I think the SD-1 with the same mods but the more aggressive asymmetric clipping might be pretty cool...

Fulltone Fat Boost...very transparent and it will add gain if you want,but nothing over the top. The OCD was/is a killer pedal as well.

The Random Hero said:
The BB Preamp by Exotic is another to check out. Andy Timmons loves it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGjbniiG__4

Joe Satriani just purchased a BB Pre from the store where I work.

i use and abuse of a rat and a ts9dx, the ts9dx has 4 modes to switch from gently sweet from srv to great overdriven tones.
the asymetrical clipping is an easy mod in diode pedals, the diodes cuts the summits of the signal waveform to generate the classical square waveform on time domain and high odd harmonics on spectral domain. the square could presents a perfect simmetry with the x axis ( the same value of voltage in positive phase and negative phase ) or an asymetrical waveform with one of the phases with higher voltage, to do that mod you only need to get to different diodes with distint drive voltage, even you could get one 0,7 volts diode for one phase and get two 0,7 in serial 1,4 volts for the other phase, also you could install a switch to toggle between symetrical and asymetrical cut

Latest posts

Back