Who used a THD Hot Plate

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

Reaction score
I throught i would throw this out. Tell me how you like them or don't like them . I was just thinking about getting one

I have one that I used with my non-master volume Marshall. It was great if you kept it to -4 to -9 db. If you go to far it starts to sound fizzy. What amp are you going to use it with?

Jack

I use mine constantly, works great for gigs.

Search this forum for more info, there are ups and downs to using one.

Had one with my recto...sold it.

It killed the tone of the amp...squished it, made it muddy....took out all the fluidity, gain, and treble.

Idk...I sometimes think I had a broken one....with how you guys praise it, there is no way mine was the way it should have been....

I have one that I use on my Vibro King and my Victoria and I think it works MUCH better than using a pedal (which is really the only other option in order to get a little dirt from these non master volume amps at reasonable volumes).

I have a LSS but I don't find the need for a hotplate with amps that have seperate gain controls.

At very low volumes, it does start to get "fizzy" but that's not what I use it for. I use it for playing in small bars at a tolerable volume but getting some of the dirt out of the amp.

I have one and it is great. It allows you to crank the power tubes and get them "pushed" while controlling volume levels. On the other hand, I don't use it much anymore. It pretty much is in a milk crate with a bunch of other effects and stuff which I have accumulated over the years.

Back